One of Us
Picture of zimFrosty
posted Hide Post

Posts: 459 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 11 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
naki

you are an oblivius well educated man with a chip on your shoulder, regarding the old british rule of its colonies, in your case proberly from india and what you were thought when you were brought up.
your truth may well be the truth for you, but trying to bring the point forward by calling people racist and bigotted in a conveluted way, really dont serve your purpose very well.

i have only been to africa once and what i learned from that, was that i dont know shit about africa, but i will be spending the rest of my life on a journy to expirence it and maybe get an understanding along the way.

history lessons are good but depending on who is writing them, you will come away with very different results every time.

what i am trying to say here is maybe you should be leaving this subject alone, as you really dont get the point from the guy's with all the expirence, and apparently they dont appriciate being called bigot's and racists by people with but a fleeting idea of what is happening in their own countrys.

just my 2 cents

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Peter please do not put words in my mouth. The least I expect is accurate quotes of what I said and did not say. I did not call anyone a racist or a bigot. Yes I did say that many are in a colonial mindset & I truly believe that. But you can judge for yourself if any racist comments were made earlier and by whom. Many ethnocentric comments were made..... Also some broad sweeping genralizations about me as well. Did you notice that?

You are partly right in referring to my background. But you miss the point that many who have posted above are blind to what I am saying.

The post started about South Africa and a specific property. Even the assumptions about the nature of the problem were not clear to all who posted. Zim came into the picture along with the US. Some how it became an issue of blacks and whites and how wrong it was to give each man a vote! Come on this is the 21st century and does each human being not have a right to vote? If I have a chip on my shoulder about voting rights then so be it. I am surprised that every human being here does not have a chip on their shoulder about voting rights.

Yes my view point is a non-european one and I am proud of it. I also believe that we all need to see different view point rather than just drum one paradigm. That is the only way we will develop more tolerance for others and not be caught up in the stone age or the colonial age.

Vans, Sir, I am not sure where you come from. On the one hand you talk of SA & then of Zim. The two are not the same. Yes David made some very valid points about his personal position. Your points have little merit and are full of contradictions.

Enough said on the topic!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11020 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimFrosty
posted Hide Post
face facts Naki

You know nothing about Africa other than from books and literature that YOU have chosen to read.

I will give you a long list of literature, written by leading influential black authors who are highly respected in their respective countries that give very accurate and honest insights into how Africa works. Read them, then come and live in Africa for one year. Then reread your posts and I can guarantee that your mindset will have shifted.

Posts: 459 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 11 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Naki
Are you Indian? Because you argue like an Indian.
You see I have actually been to India and eaten curry with real Indians.
You know its funny, not one of them ever said to me. "You Bloody Bastard, you English ruined our country"
To the contrary many of the people, especially those who have been oppressed by their own people and who have harder lives now than ever, would welcome us savage colonists back.

You know, a while back when one of my Induna's died. His uncle who has known me since I was a baby, came up to me and said, in Xhosa and then in English. That the white people, are the gold of Africa. He is an African man, a chief in his own tribe and of high stature who has chosen his own path all his life. Now if you think you know Africa better than Malume Stembiso then you are welcome to come tell him that so he can wedge his shoe in your conceited backside.

Kind regards
Ian Blakeway

Posts: 423 | Location: Natal - South Africa | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vans
posted Hide Post
Everytime you post all you are doing is confirming your blind ignorance, Naki. I come from South Africa and has David says I am damn proud of who I am, what my family has done, and what they will do. I speak of Zim and South Africa because once again unlike you I have FIRST hand experience as to what has happened in these countries.(Mozambique as well, but lets not go there) Friends and family have had evrything they had taken away from them after building it up from ZERO because the locals were too lazy and useless to do it in the first place. They picked themselves up, moved, did it all over again and then once again the African way of thinking kicked in and it happened to them again.
I am trying very hard here to stay restrained but you have really pissed me off, how dare you say my points have little merit???? This coming from an someone who hasnt even been to my country???? Man pray our paths never cross

Posts: 53 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 21 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Vlams

Yes I am of Indian heritage and proudly so. No I do not say that the Colonials ruined India. I just say that we Indian have recovered from a colonial history and are doing well than you. I also say that we have a fair way still to go. Also no thanks we not need to go back to the colonial era.

The rest of what you say may be true. Yes there were and are wonderful white people and black people. Yes many black people would prefer to have colonial rule rather than the current chaos. That is not the issue. Please go back to the various posts and read objectively rather than trying to pigeon hole me some how to fit your paradigm. I reacted to some comments that I felt were inappropriate and anti-human - PERIOD. All the sparks after that are meaningless.

I hope I can stop posting on this topic and take a break like Peter advised.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11020 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Back to the topic of land invasions/resettlement. I hope I am wrong, but I see a rise in the have-nots "testing the waters" to see what the govt will do. Ndumo is one case. Popallin Ranch is another. There have been increasingly frequent incidences of armed poachers on game farms. The gov't won't say it openly but they are not actively stopping or prosecuting ... they will "let it happen", just as the US government lets the Mexicans cross our border. Then at some point they will legalize what has become a fait accompli. Right now, they are nodding and winking and talking about the "non productive" game farms that are playgrounds for "rich whites". The rule of law is a flimsy concept in Africa. Particularly when the ruling party is losing popularity with the voters.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2928 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bushwack
posted Hide Post
If the Springbucks didn't played so shit this rugby worldcup i probably had a better statement for 'some' NEW ZEALAND AR members to give...lol.

Chill-out friends it is all in GOOD HUNTING...Leave politics for persons 'more intelligent' than you and me...

Dream it...Discover it...Experience it...

Patrick Reynecke
Outfitter and Professional Hunter
Bushwack Safaris
Box 1736
Rustenburg

North West Province
South Africa
www.bushwacksafaris.co.za
Cell: +27 82 773 4099
Email: bushwacksafaris@vodamail.co.za

Posts: 291 | Location: North-West Province, South Africa | Registered: 17 June 2009Reply With Quote