Find
Notify
Tools

Good thing this wasn't a Lion!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of A7Dave
posted
Don't think this has been posted before. Ouch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2oymHHyV1M

Dave

Posts: 927 | Location: AKexpat | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
It's been posted a couple of times.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12691 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A7Dave
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I missed it. Apologies. I'm usually a little behind on internet junk...

Dave

Posts: 927 | Location: AKexpat | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't race a hartebeast unless you are faster!!

Posts: 10359 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last year a collision like that ended in tragedy in my home county. A motorcyclist travelling down a wide two-lane highway with paved shoulders was struck by a white tail buck, coming from his right. The impact threw him into the path of an oncoming vehicle. He did not survive the encounter. The buck departed evidently unscathed.

Only 50 years ago the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency announced that it was releasing a few deer in my county in the hope that there might someday be a herd large enough to allow a hunting season. Since that time, the deer population has grown to the point that it is now greater than the human population, and as a consequence the bag limit during the extended hunting season (muzzle loading starts today) which extends into January, is three deer per day, where once it was one per season.

If that were not enough, there are reports of feral hogs in the neighboring county to the south.

One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
A few years ago when I was on the BMW Internet Riders website, one of our members , whose name I forget, hit a deer and cut it in half. He survived, but the motorcycle was pretty much totaled.

quote:
Originally posted by xausa:
Last year a collision like that ended in tragedy in my home county. A motorcyclist travelling down a wide two-lane highway with paved shoulders was struck by a white tail buck, coming from his right. The impact threw him into the path of an oncoming vehicle. He did not survive the encounter. The buck departed evidently unscathed.

Only 50 years ago the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency announced that it was releasing a few deer in my county in the hope that there might someday be a herd large enough to allow a hunting season. Since that time, the deer population has grown to the point that it is now greater than the human population, and as a consequence the bag limit during the extended hunting season (muzzle loading starts today) which extends into January, is three deer per day, where once it was one per season.

If that were not enough, there are reports of feral hogs in the neighboring county to the south.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote