Tools

Is this pig going to die?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
/

one of us
posted Hide Post
No burr under the saddle about bow hunters. I think it is a less useful tool than a rifle and modern history will verify that. All of the stuff you say may be true to an extent and if bow hunters were to limit themselves to 20 yards or less perhaps the story might be different. However we see more and more that everyone has a favorite mode to hunt and each of them want to give it a try. Hand guns and bows for elephant and buffalo hunting. Have you ever seen anyone guide a hunter that wants to prove to the world that he is a great and mighty hunter, taking dangerous game with a pistol, and that hunter is backed up by a PH with a bow???? Or another pistol?????
We may be stupid enough to try these stunt hunts for the camera but darn few professional hunters are going to back them up with a similar weapon. I guess in this age if one of our local pig stickers wanted to walk into a herd of Elephants and try to take one with a 12" bowie knife that it would be seen as fine sport. I think the PH would be protecting himself with a heavy rifle and not a knife, pistol, or bow.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote