THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Finally! Mounts on their way....soon? Now what?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally! Mounts on their way....soon? Now what?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just sent the last $$$ to South Africa for shipping my
mounts, etc home. Coming to ATL. For those who have cleared their own crate, how involved is it? Is it worth the $$ to Coppersmith? I am driving and picking the crate up so no more shipping but figure, hey, I can do this...but, can I?
Any advice would be appreciated. Obviously this is my first rodeo!

Posts: 610 | Location: NC | Registered: 17 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
At this stage you need professionals. Avoid getting double-dipped on freight. You'll likely come out fine, but may learn enough to tell the next newbie. Doing your homework ahead of time always pays. 2 cents

Posts: 4881 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, you can do it. It is not rocket science, but you need to read carefully the USFWS rules on clearing hunting trophies. I have done it 5 times and will be clearing more trophies tomorrow or Monday at DFW. Send a PM if you want more info.

Karl

Karl Evans

Posts: 2898 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote