Find
Notify
Tools

you're the dummy
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Yup that's right, you're dumb and i'
m smart. While leo may be the king, I'm the prince. Let me introduce myself, - they call me mr. spots.
You have come from far away, in a big noisy contraption that flys like the vulture. I've seen you coming, i've sensed you coming, and i'm ready.
You think you're so smart, sitting in the wheeled thing. shooting my impala and hanging them from trees. Ha, I know about all that.
You travel on 2 legs like the babos, Going down the dry riverbeds looking for where i've been. But i'm not there. Ha i'm to smart for you.
I can smell the meat hanging from the tree, and I will eat it, but only on my terms. You will not be there, only me.
That black thing that leads your path is pretty smart, and the white thing following is also, but, the third thing - he smells like after shave. I know that odor, my mother taught me about it.
My father was very old. So old that he could not kill for himself anymore. He fell to that lound sound when he was eating the meat from the tree. I watched and learned. I'm to smart for the likes of you.
You have hung meat from many trees all over my territory. I can smell it, and i watch you. Yesterday you came by my cave on the hill. I could see 6 of your beings in the wheeled thing. YOu came back soon, but there were only 4 then. I can count, I am smart. you think that in only a half a moon you can catch me. Think again. I'm smarter than you. It will take many half moons before you can catch sight of me.
Every day you come and every day i watch. You make loud noises and my impala fall dead. I don't like the noise, I don't like your smell or your looks and i don't like you. Last night i almost made a mistake. I smelled the meat, but on the way to it i found a young bushbuck. He provided my dinner, you didn't.
For all you efforts you should be commended, but I'm smarter than you, for i'm the prince, I', mr spots , I'm the worlds most beautiful cat, i'm the worlds most cunning, the worlds smartest. and to top it all I'm smarter than you

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I loved it.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4781 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Great writing! You could also add "the most dangerous" according to Jim Corbett and JA Hunter.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11241 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Makes me think twice about booking a leopard hunt.
NOT!!

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Lots of truths in there.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
+1 tu2

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
I like it!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stunning!!

Fritz Rabe
Askari Adventures & Fritz Rabe Bow-hunting

Posts: 217 | Location: Musina South Africa | Registered: 08 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted Hide Post
You're right. You're smart and I'm a dumbass but I'm coming for you in June with my "Rock Star" PH.

He's not nearly as dumb as me! (Hopefully!)

Posts: 736 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 28 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you're talking about Thierry Labat, he's a CHOP STAR!
Just kidding of course.
If & when I go after Mr. Spots, it'll be with Legend Labat.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Nice point of view from Mr.Spots

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
As always, very creative thinking there Butch.

~Ann

Posts: 19558 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
tu2 beer

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana Nderobo
posted Hide Post
Love it! I've seen exactly one leopard, who decided to come into our hyena bait, and of which my PH informed me that I may never see his like again. No leopard tag, nor enough funds, and I just had to watch him. To say that I will never, ever forget him is an understatement...

Phil Massaro
President, Massaro Ballistic Laboratories, LLC
NRA Life Member
B&C Member
www.mblammo.com

Hunt Reports- Zambia 2011
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1481089261

"Two kinds of people in this world, those of us with loaded guns, and those of us who dig. You dig."

Posts: 441 | Location: New Baltimore, NY | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote