THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Airline wants dimensions of gun cases?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Airline wants dimensions of gun cases?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I believe the very 1st time I ever saw a Tuff Pak was at a photo shoot I was involved in and it was only later that those of us who travel with firearms made them more popular.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm flying to Kalispell, MT tommorrow with a TUFFPAK that weighs exactly 50 lbs. That's all that Delta allows now on domestic flights. Going on across to BC for a goat hunt.
Rich Elliott

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For You Tuffpak users.
The standard Tuffpak weight is 17 pounds and the dimensions are 52" x 12" x 13".
In the cardboard box the weight is 20 pounds and the dimensions are 55" x 17" x 15".
When you request I ship it to you air then UPS figures it like this: 55" x 17" x 15" divided by 194 (Round numbers it is 73)
That is why air is so expensive.
On ground I charge $20 be it next door to Dallas, Portland ME or Portland OR
I would like to once again say Thank You to the AR members that have purchased Tuffpak and who recommend them to their pals. Don't forget they are great for all you guys hauling tripods, light stands etc. for your photo equipment.
Anyway...your business is MOST appreciated.
Don't forget to send us a photo of you and your Tuffpak on safari. If we can get enough together we would like to use them in a future ad campaign.
Pretty soon the airlines will have us cut down to flip flops and a penny candy sack as luggage!

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote