New
Find
Notify
Tools

SCI Top Ten award mailing?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
How many of you SCI members received a letter this week saying... "You have achieved the Top Ten Award Inner Circle".

I wonder if they sent that to everybody, as I have not entered any animals in 20 years.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
I got something like that but since I didn't read much further than they wanted $250 to bestow that honor on me, I don't know exactly what I was to receive the award for.

Just think. If you get this award, you can then advertise yourself as "an award winning hunter" and then many benefits will probably accrue such as being paid to hunt in Africa and getting all sorts of other free stuff.

Maybe I shouldn't have thrown it away...

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gee, they only wanted $125 to honor me.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Terry Blauwkamp:

Cheapsake rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68686 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They wanted $625 from me. I think I'll be "honored" to just keep the money! Big Grin
Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i get that crap every year & I've only put one animal in the book and that was 30 years ago. just another money grabbing scheme

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by Terry Blauwkamp:

Cheapsake rotflmo

Must be I only shot half as much stuff as Grumulkin did, or only 20% as much as Rich did.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just spoke with the girl in charge at SCI, and she said that since I entered a Top 10 entry even 20 years ago, it still quailfies for an award.

It was not a blanket mailing as I suspected.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Terry, they obviously didn't know how cheap you were...SCI doesn't give out awards for cull animals!!!!

Posts: 20161 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Terry, they obviously didn't know how cheap you were...SCI doesn't give out awards for cull animals!!!!

Darn, I thought it was "how many" not how big they were.

One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
Obviously Saeed is a busy man, but I think perhaps AR should publish the comprehensive photo record of "outer circle" animals. Only broken horned, scrum cap, malformed, or otherwise handicapped cull animals will be accepted for publication. The entry fee should be a charitable donation to some worthwhile organization.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great. Maybe now I can get my double platinum, triple diamond ,pinnacle of " All Things Hunting Award" that has been my motivation for hunting these many years. Once I have reached this lofty place, I can spend more time on my new goal of flying the space shuttle !!!

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SAEED, where is my award for my outer circle BUFFALO no one told me you gave awards before!!!! please tell me it has nothing to do with getting to spend time with Walter??? rotflmo

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave - I can tell you can hardly wait for the fame and fortune ahead upon receiving your award. Roll Eyes As far as flying the space shuttle, you are a little late I would guess, as the last shuttle flight is scheduled very soon I think. Oh well.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

PS My letter said I could get mine for $250.00, think I'll pass.

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Fulson:
Great. Maybe now I can get my double platinum, triple diamond ,pinnacle of " All Things Hunting Award" that has been my motivation for hunting these many years. Once I have reached this lofty place, I can spend more time on my new goal of flying the space shuttle !!!

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
that's strange. i entered the #3 Gemsbok 6 years ago at the request of my PH and outfitter and i didn't get a letter!. maybe it's because i cancelled my membership last year when i could no longer stomach the blatantly hypocrisy of SCI'S leadership in sweeping the OoA bullshit under their rug. you think so? Naw, THAT COULDN'T POSSIBLY BE THE REASON!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13402 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:
SAEED, where is my award for my outer circle BUFFALO no one told me you gave awards before!!!! please tell me it has nothing to do with getting to spend time with Walter??? rotflmo

I have meant to start an OUTER CIRCLE CLUB, but I have been side tracked so far.

I am travelling until around the 20th of next month, once I am back, I am going to ask everyone to send me their OUTER CIRCLE trophy pictures, and I will set up a dedicated album for that.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68686 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Alan Bunn
posted Hide Post
What is the fee that SCI charges to get a "Door Gunner of the Year Award"?

It might be shorter to list the past officers who have NOT killed anything from a helicopter, than to list the ones who HAVE.

animal

Cheers,

~ Alan

Life Member NRA
Life Member SCI

email: editorusa(@)africanxmag(dot)com

African Expedition Magazine: http://www.africanxmag.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/alan.p.bunn

Twitter: http://twitter.com/EditorUSA

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. ~Keller

To be persuasive we must be believable; to be believable we must be credible; to be credible we must be truthful. ~ Murrow

Posts: 1112 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 09 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tendrams:
Obviously Saeed is a busy man, but I think perhaps AR should publish the comprehensive photo record of "outer circle" animals. Only broken horned, scrum cap, malformed, or otherwise handicapped cull animals will be accepted for publication. The entry fee should be a charitable donation to some worthwhile organization.

Finally, something I qualify for.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also got the letter & request for $125. I have better things to do with my money!!
rotflmo

I'll never buy another of their record books

Posts: 353 | Location: tanzania, east africa | Registered: 27 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:
quote:
Originally posted by tendrams:

Finally, something I qualify for.

NO PICS ????

one of us
Picture of Alan Bunn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TANZ-PH:
I also got the letter & request for $125. I have better things to do with my money!!
rotflmo

I'll never buy another of their record books

Tanz,

SCI kicked Rowland Ward out of their convention because they could not stand the competition, and the comparison, between a real record book versus a platform for ego driven competition for silly goobers with 'little dick syndrome'. thumbdown

Reason enough, in my opinion, to not only buy the Rowland Ward book, but to never enter an animal into the SCI book again. I did it one time because I thought it might help my PH out, but I will never do it again.

Having an animal listed in Rowland Ward means something because their standards are so high, and it glorifies the animal not the hunter. The SCI book has one one purpose and that is to give some inadequate excuse for a hunter bragging rights that SCI can turn into a revenue stream.

What is the SCI motto? Oh yeah, 'First For Profit'... First For Hunters is just a cynical ploy. thumbdown thumbdown thumbdown

Cheers,

~ Alan

Life Member NRA
Life Member SCI

email: editorusa(@)africanxmag(dot)com

African Expedition Magazine: http://www.africanxmag.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/alan.p.bunn

Twitter: http://twitter.com/EditorUSA

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. ~Keller

To be persuasive we must be believable; to be believable we must be credible; to be credible we must be truthful. ~ Murrow

Posts: 1112 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 09 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got a letter stating that I had achieved the following:

Gazelles of the World (Copper)

Hunting Achievement Award (Bronze)

Spiral-horned Antelope of Africa (Copper)

For the paltry sum of $500.00 I can get my name published in the up coming record book and if I get off my ass and remit the fees before the 31 st of this month, I can get my name in the Awards Issue of the Safari magazine. For an additional $500.00 I can get Certificates/Trophies to place upon your wall to commemorate your hunting achievements. No, I think I will pass. Now, if they offer me some sort of Grand Imperial Order of Exalted Inner Circle of High Holies, I may have to reconsider, but for now, I will use that money for a future safari.

Posts: 791 | Location: La Luz, New Mexico USA | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got one telling me how many more things I was qualified for and just for a few bucks more, they would send me appropiate recognition and list my name.....they dont even have pics or info from my last three trips.....That would have allowed them to send me a much larger recognition invoice....

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Hey, Larry, did you get an invitation to enter some animals? seems like everybody else did. of course SCI is first for hunters so all this bullshit goes to a good cause- financing trips for the past and current officers to qualify for the "door gunner" award. i hear it will be named in honor of either Mike Simpson or Dan Duncan, since they led the way.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13402 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am so hurt I was totally left out. I reemember why now, I never registered anything at the international. Now, how about we take some of this saved money and put it towards hunting poachers?

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:

I have meant to start an OUTER CIRCLE CLUB, but I have been side tracked so far.

I am travelling until around the 20th of next month, once I am back, I am going to ask everyone to send me their OUTER CIRCLE trophy pictures, and I will set up a dedicated album for that.

I have a few pictures of an old scum cap bull I kinda like since he was my first and his daddy was from Uganda Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What kind of A Ward do I get for my unicorn Sharps-----I think it is a new sub species that shud be recognized and I am number ONE!!!

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actally folks I am quite serious about the anti-poaching thing. What du these guys need for equipment? We have a list of gear and contacts. Why not put a few dollars to good use? I would bet a lot of the stuff could be picked up from military surplus for fairly cheap. At least the basic field stuff anyway. I can only speak for myself but I would rather think I was actually doing something to help. My ego isnt such that I could careabout seeing my name in a book or not.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote