Find
Notify
Tools

Hats
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Steven30127
posted
Ok this may seem kind of silly....a lifetime ago I was a Jungle Cruise skipper at Disneyland shooting plastic hippos with a S&W .38 special...(Talk about not having enough gun!!! and to add insult to injury they only gave us blanks!) In any event, costuming used to issue us these safari hats that had a leopard band and looked like something out of a movie. My daughter wants to get one and I can't find a single damn site that sells them!...anyone here know of any?

Thanks

Posts: 257 | Location: Aliso Viejo, California | Registered: 09 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
Steven,
about blanks, always better than shout "BANG BANG" with mouth
jump

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Don't know where you can buy one.

Unfortunately most of them are bought here and left in Africa.... you see, guys buy them for their first safairi, the PH sees them in it, ridicules them to no end, and out of utter frustration and embarasment - they are left there with no effort made to bring them home. Smiler

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
Picture of Steven30127
posted Hide Post
Yeah....I told her about that too...but a twelve year old girl rules the world!

Posts: 257 | Location: Aliso Viejo, California | Registered: 09 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steven,

I bet these guys have one in their gift shop (though doesn't appear to be available online):

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/lioncountrysafari/index.html

It's Lion Country Safari down in Florida.

Only other place I can think of is gift shops at Disney and Knott's Berry Farm.

Steve

Posts: 1729 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1729 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nevster
posted Hide Post
I dont knwo any sites offhand that sell them, but im sure Holland & Holland do.

Wouldnt like to guess how much one would cost from them though.

Posts: 168 | Location: London,UK | Registered: 10 April 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steven30127:
Yeah....I told her about that too...but a twelve year old girl rules the world!

I can imagine.

The joke was on the hats, not at her wanting one.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
Picture of Steven30127
posted Hide Post
Smiler New_guy I knew what you meant. She is going on her first big game hunt with me in a couple of months (boar) here in Ca. She saw a few of my pics from my college days and saw me in my JC costume. She thoght that was the coolest thing in the world (I guess I still can be a hero some of the time!)

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok this may seem kind of silly....a lifetime ago I was a Jungle Cruise skipper at Disneyland shooting plastic hippos with a S&W .38 special...(Talk about not having enough gun!!! and to add insult to injury they only gave us blanks!) In any event, costuming used to issue us these safari hats that had a leopard band and looked like something out of a movie. My daughter wants to get one and I can't find a single damn site that sells them!...anyone here know of any?

Thanks

Since my wife and I and subsequent family have been visiting Disneyland annually since 1957, the chances we have "hunted" together are good jump
The good news is that after a few years of political correctness, the river guides are once again packing 38's.

I am sure I have seen your hat at the outfitter across from the entrance to the jungle cruise. I will be in Disneyland again this summer, if you cannot find "the hat", PM me, I am sure we can get you "outfitted" thumb

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Smiler New_guy I knew what you meant. She is going on her first big game hunt with me in a couple of months (boar) here in Ca. She saw a few of my pics from my college days and saw me in my JC costume. She thoght that was the coolest thing in the world (I guess I still can be a hero some of the time!)

My 11 year old gives me hell on a daily basis for not taking her with me to RSA last year. I proposed a trip to Africa for her 16th birthday but that was entirely unacceptable. Looks like I will have a young membsaab in tow with me next year. eek2 Not sure the Dark Continent is ready for her!!!

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steven30127
posted Hide Post
JBoutfishn....Your probably right! I am sure we have gone deep into the jungle together! Those were some fun times for me (and my crews I might add!) Few skippers can honestly say they've guided Africa, South America and Asia all in the same boat...and all in 8 minutes!

Bwanahile..shame on you! Carolyn (My daughter) is busy planning our african safari...problem is she wants to flatten Africa and I have a wife insisting on going to Europe first!...Oh well...guess I need to get a second and third job.....wonder if Disney is hiring anymore?)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is another place.

http://www.villagehatshop.com/pith_helmet.html

Best,
Phil

Professional Hunter - Tanzania

Posts: 88 | Location: So. Cal & Tanzania | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote