New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zambia-2 Rifles of Same Caliber?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm heading to Zambia this summer to hunt with a friend from the Philippines. I bring his firearm for him, as ownership in his country if an iffy proposition. Does Zambia have restrictions on bringing 2 rifles of the same caliber?

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Not that I know of. One could be a spare which would be advisable if they are Blasers.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9982 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ahhhh! A Zambian TURD! Thanks for the info....I think :-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Not that I know of. One could be a spare which would be advisable if they are Blasers.

Best to bring 3 just in case....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13443 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just make sure you write a full report including Sable photo's!!

Posts: 625 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Gents:
Two points.
1. If Beibs calls you a TURD, you are doing OK in my book.
2. Zambia may be OK, I don't know, but South Africa (I believe) prohibits two rifles of the same caliber and this may be a problem if you have to spend the night in SA.
Just thinkin' out loud.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I thought they may follow RSA, but hope not.

one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
A bit off topic, but an explanation as to why South Africa does not allow visiting hunters to bring two rifles in the same caliber may be appreciated?

A group of men all carrying rifles in the same caliber is generally considered to be an "army". The South African National Defense Force is so seriously infected and weakened by HIV infection and actual AIDS and weakened by deployment of a number (actually just a small number) of troops in the DRC that even a small group of men carrying the same caliber rifles may be a threat. Remember our previous President initially did not believe in the existence of AIDS, although he eventually changed his views. He then appointed a minister of Health who advocated a diet high in beetroot and garlic as a surefire cure for AIDS. Our current President tells the world, and thus also all SAND members, that he simply has a hot shower after having unprotected sex with a HIV positive woman. So, as a visiting foreign hunter with two rifles in the same caliber may lend one to a PH with Right Wing political views, such a group of two men with the same caliber rifles is considered, and is indeed Roll Eyes , a serious threat to our security! Hence the ruling of no entry with two rifles in the same caliber! Big Grin

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs/same caliber/mind meld

Posts: 10371 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs/ same caliber/ mind meld

Posts: 10371 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew McLaren:
A bit off topic, but an explanation as to why South Africa does not allow visiting hunters to bring two rifles in the same caliber may be appreciated?

A group of men all carrying rifles in the same caliber is generally considered to be an "army". The South African National Defense Force is so seriously infected and weakened by HIV infection and actual AIDS and weakened by deployment of a number (actually just a small number) of troops in the DRC that even a small group of men carrying the same caliber rifles may be a threat. Remember our previous President initially did not believe in the existence of AIDS, although he eventually changed his views. He then appointed a minister of Health who advocated a diet high in beetroot and garlic as a surefire cure for AIDS. Our current President tells the world, and thus also all SAND members, that he simply has a hot shower after having unprotected sex with a HIV positive woman. So, as a visiting foreign hunter with two rifles in the same caliber may lend one to a PH with Right Wing political views, such a group of two men with the same caliber rifles is considered, and is indeed Roll Eyes , a serious threat to our security! Hence the ruling of no entry with two rifles in the same caliber! Big Grin

Amazing!

Does that mean two men with two different caliber rifles cannot do as much damage as two with the same caliber rifle?? Confused

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68782 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's the story with his ownership in the Philippines? Sport shooting - though I confess I only know about handguns - is very big there. Or is it something about the caliber?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Biebs,

I'll confirm but I don't think Zambia has any issues with 2 rifles of the same caliber. Additionally you can take two rifles of the same caliber through RSA you just have to attach a justification letter to your gun permit. Christy at Gracy travel can handle that for you.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13023 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Biebs,

I was able to talk with Christy and she said there is no issue with taking 2 rifles of the same caliber to Zambia. As far as the justification letter goes for RSA it just has to state that you are taking the second rifle as a back up or something of that nature.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13023 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
probably won't let you in the country even knowing that you're bringing a blaser

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
probably won't let you in the country even knowing that you're bringing a blaser

DOUBLE TURD !

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:

Best to bring 3 just in case....

Sensible. And if they are all of the same calibre you should be able to get through a safari. Plus the PH will have a gun. And some tools.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys, thanks. I take the PM flight out of Kennedy in NYC, so I can land at 8:05 AM in Jo'Berg, in plenty of time to catch the flight out to Livingstone. I bypass SAPS that way, as the rifles stay with SAA all the way through.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Guys, thanks. I take the PM flight out of Kennedy in NYC, so I can land at 8:05 AM in Jo'Berg, in plenty of time to catch the flight out to Livingstone. I bypass SAPS that way, as the rifles stay with SAA all the way through.

Good stuff mate and you will enjoy Zambia as it has some of the best free range hunting on the planet.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

You hope they stay with SAA all the way.....

Posts: 10372 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good stuff mate and you will enjoy Zambia as it has some of the best free range hunting on the planet.

Andrew, I wish it was in your camp, but not my call. I'm accompanying a booking agent/friend doing an "exploratory" safari to see if he wants to book for the outfitter.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Andrew, I wish it was in your camp, but not my call. I'm accompanying a booking agent/friend doing an "exploratory" safari to see if he wants to book for the outfitter.

Give me a call and maybe we can meet up? You chaps are more than welcome in my camp.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hi Andrew,

What would some of the more common issues be that you experience with Blasers? Do the R93 and R8 have an equal frequency of problems?

Cheers

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote