Find
Notify
Tools

My Bags are packed and ready to GO!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well almost!

Heading back to the Selous leaving out of Memphis Tuesday, July 19...been thinking about it since I was there last September!
We will be hunting R2 with Pierre van Tonder. My PH will be Richard.

Will finally meet JudgeG after almost a year ago "running into him here on AR". Also, will have the opportunity of meeting 1115 and Russell when they head in and I head out and possibly "Shakari". This should be a really great trip!

I love chasing Buff...it is the most fun I have ever had hunting...After I shoot my two Buff, I plan on "talking" Richard into just playing TAG with the Buff...thats more fun to me than Plains Game hunting!

Without Accurate Reloading and all you guys here I most likely would never have gone to Africa...now I am addicted to hunting Cape Buffalo....Thanks!!!

regards, jjs

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
You still have time to unpack and re-pack a couple of times!

Enjoy, and bring back lots of pictures.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
jjs ----- Good luck good buddy. It seems like yesterday that we met at Mahenge International Airport. Give Pierre' a hardy hug. Tell JudgeG and 1115 whom I met in Dallas, and all the staff hello. I am sure Twiga, Sinjoree', Moses, Abdul and the boys are still with Pierre'. Give them all a salute, they will always be a part of me. Pierre' may even have some "Woodford Reserve" I left with him, if so a toast would be in order, and probably make JudgeG forget that Scottish stuff. Good luck with Mbogo, you will need it. wave beer Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Get Silva to buy me a couple of butane lighters, please. Also, I expect a bottle of scotch awaiting me in my room at the Sea Cliff along with Paula Abdul.... (she never "judges" harshly and my ego needs that). Looking forward to the morning of the 27th. Call me if you get a chance. I've lost your phone numbers during a computer crash.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7711 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have a safe journey and a good hunt from another southerner.

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Jim:

Have a great, SAFE trip, my friend! I can't wait to hear all the details upon your safe return. I can't wait to hear how that Merkel handles on those capes! (Hopefully as well as my .500 did on Texas Trees...)

I'm back from Austria on Aug. 9th. Still hoping to smack some hogs while I'm over there.

Don't forget that bottle of J&B, aged two weeks in a broken Thermos bottle, that we had waiting for the Judge at the DRSS hunt in April...

Safe journies, my friend...

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Enjoy you hunt and think of us as "the team",We are always together in spirit and thought.We are therefore pulling for you and savor your buffs as much as you do yourself.
Give Pierre my greatings,I shall make his time miserable Smiler and joyfull agin later in Oct.
I am with you on your stalks

Posts: 795 | Location: CA,,the promised land | Registered: 05 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys, thanks for all the well wishes, etc.

JudgeG, how could you have forgotten Elvis...I am trying my best to bring him along! but apparently he has some misgivings about being in the Bush with you... hopefully I can convince him! The scotch will be awaiting you in camp, the 2 week old stuff 577 noted...

Phurley and sheephunter, I am thankful I had the chance to meet you guys last year and will definately pass on your best wishes,etc! I am looking forward to seeing all the crew!

Sheephunter, not to worry I will get Pierre all stirred up before you arrive...you can push him over the edge! I saw pictures of your Lepoard from last year that was one huge Cat! Hopefully, the Teste Flies will not be as bad!!!

xgrunt, when are you heading my way??? Possibly when I get back from Tanzania you can head up here to do some shooting!

I am so ready to GO...

best regards, jjs

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim S,
Tell that old Judge Paula Abdul is staying here with me, I'm sending him Michael Jackson at her request... wave

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42171 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For those of you too young to remember:

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye

But the dawn is breakin', it's early morn
The taxi's waitin', he's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome I could die

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go

'Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane
I don't know when I'll be back again
Oh, babe, I hate to go.

PPM

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
jjs,

Good luck on your upcoming trip. You mentioned that your PH would be Richard, do you know his last name?

Bull1

Posts: 405 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray, I think the Judge was joking about Paula Abdul...in the past he has told me he has his group of "Chippes" young and sweet..at least that what he said...now you have me concerned about the Micheal Jackson thing!

Richard Lemmer is the PH I am hunting with...