Find
Notify
Tools

23 Day To Go!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen,

We leave on the 29th for our next safari.

We are hunting with Tanzania Game Trackers Safari, our professional hunter is Alan Vincent. As many of you know, I have been hunting with Alan's father, Roy since 1982. Roy has retired.

Roy and his wife Rene are also joining us, as well as Alan's future wife Leoni. So it is going to be another "family" safari, with all the added fun and jokes.

We are going to be 5 hunters this year. Walter, who needs no introduction. Dwight who is a veteran of many safaris, and our reining champion for the most shots on a buffalo - 12! (we are not really sure of number of rounds fired by Dwight, as both him and his PH were firing at such a rate one would have been forgiven if one thought they were using machine guns! But, we picked a number we can remember, hence 12) It seems everyone keeps reminding him of this, and all he say is "OH JEEZE!"

Walter keeps telling him to change that to "OH BUFFALO!"

Then we have Nelson, who is also a veneran of several safaris. He is in our bad books, as he was Walter's helper last year to prepare a BBQ. And to those who have been following our stories last year, you might remember that him and Walter managed to BBQ a rotting leoprad bait for us!?

We necknamed the the VULTURES. Then a debate started as what king of vultures. That debate has not ended yet!

Chris Stagg is also joining us. Some of you might know his as Canuck on the forms.

Chris has also been on number of safaris, and Walter seems to have developed a good frienship with him - and having been Walter's "friend" for so many years, I can assure that this is NOT something to look forward to.

We will be hunting inm two areas, Kizigo/Rungwa and Ugala/Muhuba.

We had a bit of a problem with our Thuraya sattelite modem last year, as well as thier phone. The modem was extremely slow, and we had difficulty making a connection. And we do make it, it gets broken quite ofte.

The voice connection was also quite patch.

We told Thuraya about this when we got back, and both their Cheif Technology Officer and Senior manager for Product Engineering cae over to discuss this.

The final outcome was that this might have been caused by interference, and if we had contacted them then they might have been able to solve it for us.

We are taking a new modem this year - both the above gentlemen's phone numbers, to call them should we have any problems. It is nice to see a compnay that stands behind its products.

We will let you all know how this all works out. We will try posting daily report, together with phots, just as we have been doing for the past few years.

We are on a general bag hunt, but of course, buffalo are a priority.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66977 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great!
Chris will make at least one sane individual in the bunch!
Perfect straight man for you clowns!
Break a leg Chris! thumb

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vanderhoef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Roy has retired.

Is this a recent decision?

Best of luck!!

Regards,
Scott

"....but to protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not of soundness of heart."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 466 | Location: Just west of Cleo, TX | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Enjoy yourself and be prepared for the entertainment!

Posts: 5700 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm very happy for Chris, but, with a bit of fear. I'm afraid of the impact, on his sanity, being with Walter.

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the best of luck to all of you
via con dios

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to read the updates. I'm sure this'll be just as great as the rest of your hunts with the Vincents.

Posts: 3856 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Bravo for Chris !!!

I also know that Nelson will be a very fine south american ambassadour thumb

Does he post here on AR ??

Bring LOTS of pictures. And please tell Walter not to dress as a gorila any more, he will get shot someday doing those kind of jokes Eeker

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WVFred
posted Hide Post
Good luck and be safe!We'll be looking forward to the hunt report.

DRSS Member

Posts: 900 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to see the pics from one pf these famous hunts! If I don't think of it between now and then, be safe and enjoy yourselves. I'm envious to be sure.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Happy Hunting, stay safe!!

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
Waidmansheil!

We look forward to the reports.

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
I was able to spend a week in Saeed's camp in 2006, so I can't say that I'm not going into this with "eyes wide open". Smiler Big Grin

Seriously though, I am REALLY looking forward to the trip and hunting with Saeed and the Vincents again. I am also looking forward to spending some quality time with my friend Walter again! Smiler

I have been in some great hunting camps over the years, but I can honestly say that I have never been in a camp with nicer people and such a relaxed, friendly (and FUNNY) atmosphere as Saeed's. Only 19 days to go for me before I board the first flight!! (and everyone around me at home and the office are going to be pretty tired of seeing my toothy grin long before I board that flight!)

Cheers
Chris

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All the best my friend I am sooo happy for you!

Bob Clark

Posts: 330 | Location: Vanderhoof'British Columbia | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Run buffalo, run.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19314 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Perhaps lion this year Saeed!!! Going to the Rungwa can't hurt. Good luck!!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am also looking forward to spending some quality time with my friend Walter again!

You better keep that to yourself.

Walter, and "his" friends are game to everyone else clap

Posts: 66977 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I am also looking forward to spending some quality time with my friend Walter again!

You better keep that to yourself.

Walter, and "his" friends are game to everyone else clap

I see. Big Grin

That is very good to know. thumb

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 470 Mbogo
posted Hide Post
Hey Chris have a great time and it was good to see you in camp last week. Saeed you sure do pick good company.
Take good care and have fun
Dave

Posts: 1247 | Location: Sechelt B.C. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed you sure do pick good company.

Not if you take Walter as an example! clap

Administrator
posted Hide Post
We had some kids come over to see the crocs being fed.

Walter hid the farting machine where the crocs would eat, and as they were fed - we throw meat and chicken at them. He started the farting!

It was so funny, we had tears running down our cheeks.

The best part is the mothers of the kids went home thinking crocodiles fart continuously while eating!!??

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Best of luck to all, including and especially Canuck, as something tells me he will need it!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13396 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Roy has retired.

Roy and his wife Rene are also joining us, as well as Alan's future wife Leoni. So it is going to be another "family" safari, with all the added fun and jokes.

Upon further reasoning, I don't think Chris has to worry about Walter, this will be Roy's year.
I believe, this year, Walter will suffer for his 26 years of pissing off Roy.

Please keep the camera rolling, Saeed!

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Enjoy your upcoming hunt, Saeed. I am sure that Roy, even though he has retired, has some big plans for Walter as usual, with Canuck as witness! Does Walter have anything "special" planned for the group this year? Has he been scheming or working on anything over the past few months for the upcoming Safari that you can safely share with us?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
7 days and let the games begin! hammering

Administrator
posted Hide Post
We are down to counting the hours now.

This time next week we are just about landing in Dar.

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Its great to see Saeed that after so many trips, you still get excited as though it were your first. Me too!

Wishing you and Chris and all the gang a wonderful hunt!

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
All the best, have a safe safari.

Ahmed Sultan

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
I am very excited to jump on the first flight on Sunday (only 5 more "big-sleeps"!).

Been a roller coaster week though....rough week at work, lots to cram in before its over, and one of my very best buds (a 13 yo chocolate lab) breathed his last in my arms a couple hours ago...

The relaxation will have to wait til I check in for the flight, and as far as I am concerned, these next few days can't go fast enough! Smiler

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
Saeed's off to Africa and I'm off to Midway Island in the Pacific.

Guess we'll just have to shut off the forums.

Eeker

Don

Posts: 26540 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Don, gotta rub it in, huh?

I hope you both have an oustanding time. Are you going fishing on Midway?

Posts: 3856 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CAelknuts:

Jealousy will get you nowhere my friend Wink

I get asked regularly to make AR a paying site, and I have aways refused.

Of course, people don't know how much money Don and me make from AR rotflmo to be able to afford hunts in Africa and trips to exotic places on a regular basis clap

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CAelknuts:

Fishing, diving, and a little ham radio.

Only thing I intend to rub in is suntan lotion.

Don

Posts: 26540 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good luck to Saeed,Walter,Chris and everyone else.I can't wait for the hunt report.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
less than week to go Big Gringot everything packed?? Big Grincheck the clock again Big Grin

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I spoke to Roy a couple of nights ago, he is getting excited about going back to Africa just as much as us.

I also spoke to Alan this afternoon, he is heading to Tanzania a couple of days before us.

Last year we had a bit of a problem with our Thuraya sat modem, and I made sure Thuraya knew about it when I got back.

They were kind enough to to come over and have a meeting with us, and asked that we give them a cance to correct that this year.

They brought out a new modem for us about a montn ago, and set it up with my computer. They then took it away, to try it themselves and make sure everything is working before they give it back to us.

Their engineer called yesterday, saying he has been using it every day, and it has been working like a charm.

Walter suggested to him that he might fall into the croc pond, accidently, if things did not work!!

Funny how those crocs seem to get people's attention!

They are normally just sunning themselves by their pond, close to where people park their cars, so they cannot help noticing them.

Walter is out buying DVDs - mostly to keep him entertained when he stays in camp.

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canuck:
one of my very best buds (a 13 yo chocolate lab) breathed his last in my arms a couple hours ago...

I've been there. Just like losing a member of the family. I hope Africa helps ease the pain that goes with the loss of a good dog.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Canuck, I understand.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Walter is out buying DVDs - mostly to keep him entertained when he stays in camp.

probably because he doesn't trust your reloads after last year jumping

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Canuck: I had the exact same experience a year and a half ago. My chocolate lab, who was 13 as well, and one hell of a hunting dog and family member, died in my arms. It was time, but it was pure hell going through it. My prayers are with you my friend. I have been in your shoes. It is still a painful memory. God bless.