New
Find
Notify
Tools

a big thanks for shakari
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Steve - just a big thanks for your website. I can well imagine the work you guy put in. It is extremely useful for anyone going to africa, novice or pro.

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree. Thanks Steve for the useful information!

Posts: 77 | Location: Texas | Registered: 04 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
excellent work. thank you

Posts: 405 | Location: Dallas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 16 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Thanks for those kind words guys and we sincerely hope the site is useful to both hunters coming to Africa and also our colleagues in the industry.

I should say however, that Mrs Shakari is the one that really deserves the praise as she works her butt off at it. My role pales into insignificance when compared to hers.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The bookstore is terrific as well. I found some really rare books on Africana, at very reasonable prices. I am just finishing one from Alexander Lake. One was from 1903 with a personnal inscription on the inside cover with the mans crest. It was given to a friend in Scotland and referenced all the great times they had shared and the drinks they had toasted. Pretty cool stuff to add to ones library. Thanks for the effort, drwes

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Damn but I love Lake's books! - Have you found all those weird recipes at the back of 'African Adventures' yet.

Glad you like the bookshelf. We have over 1400 books on it now and are still busy adding to it. I'm going from memory here, but Ithink the lowest price is one dollar and the highest which is for a signed first edition of Hemmingways 'Three Stories and Ten Poems' is about US$225K.

Best selling book is 'For the Honour of a Hunter' by Tony Seth Smith.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Shakari,

Indeed, very well done!!!

thumb thumb thumb thumb thumb

Thank you!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote