one of us
posted
I need some help with this.

Question:
What is a Freelance PH?

Choices:
One who guides other peoples clients
One who guides his own clients

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
George,

The answer is both. A freelance can book his own clients acting as agent an PH and/or be hired to hunt other operator's clients when that operator needs an additional PH.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Both. What Mark said is exactly accurate.

Posts: 10362 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What it basically translates to is a PH who does not own/lease a hunting concession/farm but hunts through others that do. I have several PH friends who do just exactly that and they travel all across Africa with clients.

The real benefit of booking with a "freelance" is they are not bound to what's available on a single hunting lease/farm. Hopefully they have lots and lots of friends who do and/or have lots and lots of farmers/land owners who only allow very limited hunting on their property. I have bagged some incredible trophies this way and would not have had access to them otherwise.

Not sure what the big hysteria is over the topic and why we must have multiple mindless discussions about it. This is not the Political Forum after all...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why is this even a question? Why do you care? Save your schizo-effective disordered answer for someone who gives two shits.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems like a reasonable question to me. I don't understand the above response.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
Mike Fell would be a perfect example. He has no GMA's concessions or any "home field" he goes where his clients want to hunt.

I hunted CAR with Mike. He is absolutely the luckiest SOB in all of Africa. We killed everything and everything was absolutely huge. We measured my Roan it was 8th in the world, my Bongo was the largest killed that year.

The size of the animals was just dumb luck. We only saw ONE Bongo and ONE shoot able Roan. Better to be lucky than good, that said, he is also very VERY competent.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3529 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
What a pussy question.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
rotflmo tu2

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13395 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
Mike Fell would be a perfect example. He has no GMA's concessions or any "home field" he goes where his clients want to hunt.

I hunted CAR with Mike. He is absolutely the luckiest SOB in all of Africa. We killed everything and everything was absolutely huge. We measured my Roan it was 8th in the world, my Bongo was the largest killed that year.

The size of the animals was just dumb luck. We only saw ONE Bongo and ONE shoot able Roan. Better to be lucky than good, that said, he is also very VERY competent.

He's also a hell of a photographer. Involved in lots of interesting projects.

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
quote:

You've got that right. I told him he was a "picture Nazi" Cool

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3529 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
What a pussy question.

What happens when you get publicly castrated by a second ph who you paid $$$$ to hunt with. And the second public casatration was well deserved as was the first.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LJS:

Obviously you are unaware of some past performances here clap

Stay tuned, you are guaranteed interesting entertainment rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:
What a pussy question.

What happens when you get publicly castrated by a second ph who you paid $$$$ to hunt with. And the second public casatration was well deserved as was the first.

So. Shootaway now asks for validation? After attacking and flaming members? Seriously? My earlier comment on bipolar condition stands.

Mike

Posts: 1132 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What a pussy question.

Well Played Sir, Well Played...

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Yep. A bit like the village lunatic. Every village has one. We do too.

Posts: 10362 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What a pussy question.

That was funny!!!

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1298 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
quote:

You've got that right. I told him he was a "picture Nazi" Cool

Mike is one of the very finest wildlife photographers around, anywhere. Some of his images are absolutely stunning.

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

GUARANTEED!!!!!