Find
Notify
Tools

Travel warnings and insurance
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted
I dont know how it is in the US and the rest of the world but my insurance company (tried 4) in Sweden refuse to make a travel insurance if I go to country where it is a travel warning from our gov. Last couple of years I have been to Pakistan, Guinea, Ivory Coast etc and they all have travel warnings, so I have not been insured.

Global Rescue etc is that a option for non US residents ?

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A.Dahlgren:
I dont know how it is in the US and the rest of the world but my insurance company (tried 4) in Sweden refuse to make a travel insurance if I go to country where it is a travel warning from our gov. Last couple of years I have been to Pakistan, Guinea, Ivory Coast etc and they all have travel warnings, so I have not been insured.

Global Rescue etc is that a option for non US residents ?

Anton,

I have been a member of Global Rescue for a number of years, and I am not a US resident.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67392 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Thank you Saeed

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Global Rescue is a great company. I have been covered by them for overseas travel. Be sure to check that your health insurance will cover you for emergency care/hospitalization before Global Rescue evacuates you to your home country.

Trip insurance for travel interruption etc., is a different matter and requires another policy. Last time I went without it but did buy coverage for my rifles.

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Global is the way to go. Embassies are alarmist because they have to be, and they feed back to governments who really don't know much about what's happening outside the capitol's CBD. SOS is also good.

One of Us
Picture of Global_Rescue
posted Hide Post
Yes, Global Rescue is available to anyone, regardless of their country of citizenship. We have thousands of foreign nationals who enjoy the same benefits as US citizens. The only difference is that Global Rescue will transport these members back to their choice of hospital in their home country, rather than the US.

With the Zika virus making news everywhere, Global Rescue’s Medical Operations team has developed this update that everyone may find helpful: Zika Medical Update