THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Elephant Rifles to the Range - Thanksgiving morning, 2006
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elephant Rifles to the Range - Thanksgiving morning, 2006
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
Matt:

Understood. Sorry you won't make it.

The boy and I are still planning on going. Right now it looks like the rains are heading further south and if any are present, they should be a sprinkle.

Even if it is a wash out, I'll get some quality alone time with my boy.

We'll do it some other time.

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE
Double Rifle Shooters Society

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
WEll guys tomorrow morning will be great...Matt and all we will miss you...

Breakfast at 8am sharp Starlite diner across from the Holiday Inn Express Routev 100 South exit off I 78...

retreever, son, & son in law.. Big Grin

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brian simmons
posted Hide Post
what r u doing if it rains or is the range under cover. its abt 1 1/4 hours from me in south jersey and my son and i would love to come and watch. were supposed to be phesant hunting in the am but it looks like rain
dont own anything bigger than a 300wm but have shot 458 wm once fun. missed the last on. brian

brian r simmons

Posts: 186 | Location: nj | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Brian, Rain coats and I have a big umbrella...

No need to bring a rifle....We have extra boomer ammo...

8am sharp...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
Although I am sweet, I ain't gonna melt in the rain.

See you all at 8 AM.

Doc and boy.

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE
Double Rifle Shooters Society

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very good, retreever is making the drive to Foglesville,

another top notch gentleman and his son too. Again,

I'm sorry that I am not able to attend this time.

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
retreever his son & son in law , doc52 & son 577N.E. made it to breakfast 8am sharp and then to the range... Rain stopped when we arrived and you should have seen some of the guys when the boomers came out of their cases... Eeker

The guy next to us said, I thought I had a big rifle 444 till we showed him a 500 450#2, & a 577NE...He about passed out...Sent him home dizzy after our shooting and confinced him to shoot the 577.. Big Grin

Forgot camera but not ammo Cool

Great time by all...

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the report. Sounds like you all had a great time. Next time tie a string around your finger or . . .and remember to bring the camera!

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
What a great tradition! I, on the other hand, just got home from work. The contrast is disagreeably stark.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16654 | Location: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad you all had fun and glad the rain got out of your way.

Maybe God is a BIG BORE ENTHUSIAST TOO!!!!! dancing

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote