THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    And now for something fun - The AR Group Hunt.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And now for something fun - The AR Group Hunt.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted
This AR Group hunt was hosted by Thor Kirchner at Munyamadzi in the Luangwa valley. For the most Thor and I simply pointed people in the right direction and spent far too much behind the bar serving drinks and talking crap.

The group (who will introduce themselves) were a grand mix of ladies and gentlemen whose hunting desires were as varied as their characters. There was no set format on this hunt. I believe each individual was catered for and the hunting experience and social interaction made for very fine safari indeed.

The highlights for me and not necessarily in this order was the tracked up Roan only made only possible by the rain, Hippo with a double and the four minute Hyena. Species taken were multiples of Kudu, Bushbuck, Puku, Hippo, Roan, Impala, Warthog, Sharpe's Grysbok, Hyena, Common Waterbuck and Chacma baboon.

We laughed, we hunted hard and we had fun. I am enclosing a few pictures to kick start the post.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9972 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
What a bushbuck. Wow.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Geee Mike, don't you want to know how the Bushbuck was taken and by whom before commenting? It could have been taken near a fence from the back of a Land Cruiser, while asleep at night with a crossbow by a violent criminal. Don't you care about hunting ethics, or is that only with dentists and lion?

Anyhow, beautiful Bushbuck and sounds like a wonderful hunt were everyone was relaxed and enjoyed the experience. After all, that's what an African hunt is supposed to be about without the ethics police looking over your shoulder.

Wink

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The beautiful pics in this thread gave me an instant attack of Africa fever... tu2

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great report and photos Andrew.

Sorry I had to miss it this year.

Hopefully you are doing another one in 2016.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Geee Mike, don't you want to know how the Bushbuck was taken and by whom before commenting? It could have been taken near a fence from the back of a Land Cruiser, while asleep at night with a crossbow by a violent criminal. Don't you care about hunting ethics, or is that only with dentists and lion?

Anyhow, beautiful Bushbuck and sounds like a wonderful hunt were everyone was relaxed and enjoyed the experience. After all, that's what an African hunt is supposed to be about without the ethics police looking over your shoulder.

Wink

Who cares?

It is a great bushbuck and the hunter enjoyed his hunt and that is that matters.

Fantastic trip and glad everyone had s great time.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68773 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Exactly...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Looks like fun boys
I wish I Was there

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:

Wink

Who cares?

It is a great bushbuck and the hunter enjoyed his hunt and that is that matters.

Fantastic trip and glad everyone had s great time.

My sentiments exactly. I have posted a small part of our experience and some great animals were taken during this hunt.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Andrew for the thread. We had so much fun with a lot of interesting people from all over the world. New Zealend, Australia, Kuwait, Zambia, Denmark and even America(me). As hunters, we have so much in common that one forgets the differences in geography and culture. Hunting, fishing, partying, talking about hunting, fishing and partying is the same the world over. Though not an intense hunt, most of us got first time ever species, largest ever species and the professional hunters seemed pretty proud of their group hunt. I would recommend this hunt to anyone who likes to hunt and have a lot of fun.

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 989 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I dream of a bushbuck like that!

Ian, are you paying attention?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12705 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great group having a great time! Well done folks. I look forward to additional contributions by the participants.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
What a GREAT hunt for all involved!! Well done...wish I could have been there....

Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2676 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
Looks like fun. Pity some members choose to use your post to vent their personal grievances.
Well done on the hunt. tu2

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is an awesome hippo picture. tu2 tu2

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Looks like a terrific hunt!

~Ann

Posts: 19558 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing tu2

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!! tu2

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WannabeBwana:
That is an awesome hippo picture. tu2 tu2

This one is better and the photo taken by Thor.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
The lads from Down Under showing us how they hunt.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Very nice as always!

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
The lads from Down Under showing us how they hunt.

tu2 tu2

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1143 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a good time was had Andrew. Look forward to more pics.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done Andrew and crew!

Posts: 1819 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Living life large.
Looks like special times for all involved.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

I am only too pleased to add my sentiments and not least thank everyone that Julia and I shared camp with at Munyamadzi during the first five days of the AR group hunt arranged by Andrew and excellently hosted by Thor Kirchner.

Munyamadzi is without doubt one of the finest and most beautiful areas that I have ever hunted. The area was teeming with game. Beautiful bushbuck around every corner, majestic kudu, warthogs, impala, waterbuck and the charming puku. Roan - very beautiful, seen frequently in big groups, I was happy to hear Faisal connected with a fine bull. Congratulations.

Big bull hippos - good for you Tom and congrats from Julia and I. We heard you also connected with a grysbok - well done and excellent.

I had a croc license. First time for me hunting crocodile. Tom shot a poached hippo found lying in a tiny pool of water, on our first day hunting.
Then we had our bait.

Thor then took over, the baiting was arranged and a blind built. There were literally a 100 crocs or more attacking our bait as we saw from the blind. Awesome. But no luck with any big one climbing out of water. We moved the bait and second day had over 55 crocs lying on the banks, unfortunately the real big ones stayed in the water.

It was all very intense and exciting, I had Tom and Bret along on these "sneaking up to see what was shootable". I am sure they were hot and bored, however, when nothing came of it, we'd continue looking for kudu and whatever else was on license.

And so, not long after, Bret shot a warthog with a most impressive shot. I really enjoyed being a part of other members hunts.

We made fine friends during this group hunt. I enjoyed myself immensely - sharing hunting stories, life ditto, laughing a lot. A fine experience.

Thank you Thor and Andrew, John, Bret, Richard, Faisal and Tom.

Kind regards
Jytte

Posts: 215 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 13 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic!

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
I have followed this hunt for the past months and Anja and I would have loved to have been a part of it but we were booked full in 2015.

Nevertheless, I am certain there are stories and lots of pictures to be told and shared !!??

Bring it on !

Ps awesome bushbuck and a great hippo photo ! What caliber double ?

Jytte - sorry no monster croc this time! Did you pull the trigger on anything else?

Thanks for sharing (so far)!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2327 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all involved. I, like a lot of others, was sorry I couldn't join this group. I knew you would all have a great hunt and a lot of laughs!!!!

Jytte: In the arrival photo, were you wearing a dress? Now I suppose I will have to find a safari skirt!

Well done all!

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd say you guys know how to have fun! What a great looking group, with both ladies and gentlemen.

Congratulations to everyone!

Posts: 2627 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Charlie - we would have enjoyed Anja and your company. No, I did not pull the trigger on anything else ( in Zambia ).

LOL Darin - yes I wore a summer dress. It was hot in Dubai and I knew Zambia would be hotter. I did start wearing shorts next morning!

Kind regards
Jytte

Posts: 215 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 13 December 2010Reply With Quote