THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Surplus Lion, NGO's and the Sound of Crickets

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Surplus Lion, NGO's and the Sound of Crickets
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Cajun1956
posted
Almost a week ago, news organizations throughout the world published articles regarding the BVC's surplus lion. However, during a CURSORY visit to the following Facebook pages, I didn't observe any postings and/or comments related to this issue.

- Lion Aid
- Zimbabwe Conservation Task Force (ZCTF)
- Africa Wildlife Foundation (AWF)
- International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW)
- Global March for Elephants and Rhino (DSC & SCI boycotts)
- Wild Aid
- Born Free USA
- Defenders of Wildlife

When I visited their Facebook pages, I was expecting to encounter hate speech, death threats, obscenities, etc.

What's up?

Are the above listed wildlife conservation organizations concerned that their Kool-Aid drinking groupies will demand a response (i.e. - walk the walk)?

Are their groupies posting comments only to have them deleted by the Facebook administrators (i.e. - censorship)?

DSC Life Member
HSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
SCI
RMEF

Posts: 2021 | Location: Republic of Texico | Registered: 20 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing on Panthera Org either - funny that.

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cajun1956:
Almost a week ago, news organizations throughout the world published articles regarding the BVC's surplus lion. However, during a CURSORY visit to the following Facebook pages, I didn't observe any postings and/or comments related to this issue.

- Lion Aid
- Zimbabwe Conservation Task Force (ZCTF)
- Africa Wildlife Foundation (AWF)
- International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW)
- Global March for Elephants and Rhino (DSC & SCI boycotts)
- Wild Aid
- Born Free USA
- Defenders of Wildlife

When I visited their Facebook pages, I was expecting to encounter hate speech, death threats, obscenities, etc.

What's up?

Are the above listed wildlife conservation organizations concerned that their Kool-Aid drinking groupies will demand a response (i.e. - walk the walk)?

Are their groupies posting comments only to have them deleted by the Facebook administrators (i.e. - censorship)?

Thank you.

Just goes to prove these idiots have nothing to do with conservation.

All they do is line up their own pockets with money from stupid, ignorant, idiots.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68782 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another big factor is probably that BVC is linked with Oxford University and is the setting for some really cutting edge doctoral research. These outfits get their daily bread (and then some) from unreasoning anthropomorphism but can't stand in the face of solid empirical science backed by good credentials without coming off second best.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cajun1956
Great observation. One lion bites the dust the entire world goes mental, talk of CULLING 200 surplus lions based on facts and backed by real science and the world is dead quiet! Not a murmur of what they will do to save the great cats from impending and unjust slaughter... interesting world we live in!
Watched the documentary on BVC- remarkable story of commitment and vision to rehabilitate the area and all achieved through funds generated from hunting.. Great success story that you wont hear from the antis..

One of Us
Picture of Cajun1956
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wowo:
Cajun1956
Great observation. One lion bites the dust the entire world goes mental, talk of CULLING 200 surplus lions based on facts and backed by real science and the world is dead quiet! Not a murmur of what they will do to save the great cats from impending and unjust slaughter... interesting world we live in!
Watched the documentary on BVC- remarkable story of commitment and vision to rehabilitate the area and all achieved through funds generated from hunting.. Great success story that you wont hear from the antis..

The sad and indisputable truth is that most of the anti-hunting NGO's (and in some cases, their members) want the BVC to reduce their surplus lion population via lethal means (vs. relocation). Photos of dead lionesses help to advance their anti-hunting agenda.

Earlier this week, the following was posted on the BVC's Facebook page:

"Hello Bubye Valley Conservation Research - my name is Caroline d´Essen and I work as a global campaigner at Avaaz - would love to talk to you about how we could help you to relocate those lions - please contact me: caroline@avaaz.org"

Earlier today, the following was posted by some clown named Christopher James Glisson:

"Caroline these animals will as little be relocated as fly me. The blood spattered Dollars of SCI and DSC are for more important to keep the "con"servation going. This is a breeding pit for self enrichment, no different from the white colonialist offspring trash that do the canned hunting thing here in South Africa. If Avaaz has ANY intention of supporting this cesspit I will make it my business and those of thousands who respect true conservation to discontinue use of Avaaz. Show us an audited trail of where these dirty Dollars go and you will catch a very rude awakening, trust me!" The word "hunting" in itself has now been totally misconstrued. Hunting since the days of neanderthals was a source of food, not pleasure killing. If we want to incorporate trophy hunting into this arena we are then encouraging the eating of meats not even neanderthals indulged in. Hunting meant tracking an animal for days, with stealth and perseverence. Not awakening from a 5star safari lodge and going off to shoot the animal in an encaged camp. Rather label this as trophy killing, as hunting it is certainly not."

DSC Life Member
HSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
SCI
RMEF

Posts: 2021 | Location: Republic of Texico | Registered: 20 June 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some more interesting info

http://www.gunwatch.blogspot.c...-vindicated-200.html

When the witch hunt for James Palmer began on social media, following the killing of an old, collared lion tagged "Cecil" by humans, many warned that the emotional outburst would result in further loses of lions and lion habitat. This is because trophy hunting is what provides the mechanism to conserve lions in the wild. This is especially true in Africa, where locals view lions as a pest, and only tolerate them if they bring in desperately needed dollars, marks, or euros. Trophy hunting makes lions valuable. Social Justice Warriors (SJW)who work to destroy trophy hunting out of ignorance and misplaced anthropomorphism, accomplish exactly the opposite. Now the predictions of those who sought to bring reason and facts the demonization of Dr. Palmer, are being vindicated, just as Palmer was. From the nationalpost.com

Posts: 19612 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hunting since the days of neanderthals was a source of food, not pleasure killing.

Hmmm , and that huge steak you eat was not an animal killed for your pleasure ? The average 1st world person definitely consumes more than their minimum animal protein amount needed to sustain a healthy life. I guess anything more is eaten for pleasure then . o yes , YOU did not have to do the killing AND don't take responsibility for it. Hypocrites.

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jan Dumon:
quote:
Hunting since the days of neanderthals was a source of food, not pleasure killing.

Hmmm , and that huge steak you eat was not an animal killed for your pleasure ? The average 1st world person definitely consumes more than their minimum animal protein amount needed to sustain a healthy life. I guess anything more is eaten for pleasure then . o yes , YOU did not have to do the killing AND don't take responsibility for it. Hypocrites.

Yes. the more I have to do with people, the less I want to be around them. Increasingly they do not have any critical thinking skills and, even if they had the ability, they allow emotion to run their lives and their opinions. Things have become so skewed and twisted that science and facts no longer are the driving force behind decision making with wildlife and so many other things that affect us.

The future looks grim. Game departments around the world are now filled with anti-hunters and the general populace are easily steered and manipulated by those who claim to be on the moral high ground.

Sad bloody situation. Unless things change it won't just be the lions that have a dim future.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1846 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wowo:
Cajun1956

The true Anti-Hunter does not really give $h!+ as long as a trophy hunter does not hunt them...real sociopaths they!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37892 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe the best thing after all is to just get it over with and cull the 200 lions. Between, the USFW, the airlines and the effects of social media, hunters are just not going to hunt as many lions as in the past. Without the hunting, there is no money to support the wild populations and their conservation. It would be a major Jolt to the debate but at the end of the day, it proves we are right and just might shift the paradyme in our favor and improve our long term chances.

Posts: 259 | Location: Marietta, Georgia | Registered: 04 July 2012Reply With Quote