New
Find
Notify
Tools

Haena's And Lions Again
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 68773 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The videos on www.youtube.com of the lions vs hyenas and lion vs lion even are more amazing I think.

I watched a video on there where a male lion kills a cub and then walks up to a female (the cubs mother?) and then kills her too... and he does it without remorse and seemingly without effort.

The savagery of lions is hard to fathom.

Posts: 828 | Location: Whitecourt, Alberta | Registered: 10 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Imagine that. A lion killing without remorse....
Bill

Posts: 1089 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by llamapacker:
Imagine that. A lion killing without remorse....
Bill

What kind of ignorant comment is that??

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Demonical:
The videos on www.youtube.com of the lions vs hyenas and lion vs lion even are more amazing I think.

I watched a video on there where a male lion kills a cub and then walks up to a female (the cubs mother?) and then kills her too... and he does it without remorse and seemingly without effort.

The savagery of lions is hard to fathom.

Anytime the Alpha male is dethroned, the new Tom will kill all the cubs to bring the famales into estrus. It's HIS genes that he is interested in spreading. Normal Lion behavior.

You may also note, that at least half the footage in this new video (new to me) is contained in that old video with the Beastie Boys as the back ground music (Slap my Bitch Up). Somebody spliced a whole bunch of stuff together to make that earlier one. I like it myself.

Mark Jackson

Posts: 1123 | Location: California | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As to remorsless killing by LIONS; animals in the wild kill because they are programmed to kill

under certain circumstances. Animals in their wild state are like living computers, they do what

their instincts dictate. Dolphins play with scuba divers because of this programming, sharks eat

scuba divers at times, that's their programming. People make decisions and have a conscience, other

creatures have no conscience and truly don't make decisions, the conditions around them trigger the

most apprpriate response based on their programming. Creatures without conscience can't be "bad" or

"good". They do exactly what they are supposed to do all the time based on their programming. Might

there be insane animals that have mental defects that make them behave in a non typical way in a

certain situations as compared to others of their type who have "normal" brain developement? I guess

that is likely. Maybe they kill where others of their type would have ignored the same "stimuli" Still,

such killing is not "bad". It's the natural world as made by God.

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
<Hunter Formerly Known As Texas Hunter>
posted
Some people anyway.