New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ian Henderson dies
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For all the old Rhodesian troopies- Ian Henderson, the ace Helicopter Pilot , turned Artist and top Pro Guide, died this evening about 6 pm. Complications from a car crash (care of the US Embassy!!!) and op that went wrong.

Ian was a regular Instuctor on birds, trees, and first aid at the Rifa course- An awful lot of working PH's in AZfrica today have bennifited from Ians generocity.

He leaves behind two adult daughters, and a young, new bride and 4 year old son.

CRYBABY

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear the bad news and my sympathy to his family.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sincere condolences to his friends and family,

Tim

Posts: 1320 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
May another good old Rhodesian rest in peace.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
this is bad news - he was a most enjoyable person

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
My sympathy to his family and friends. I met him briefly and was impressed both by him as a man and his abilities as an artist. He did beautiful work. Amazing as he had flown into mamy hot zones in his life and was killed as a result of a car crash.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear that. I would have liked to meet him. He always sounded like a very interesting person to share a campfire with.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup- Shot down 5 times. Three cat 5 crashes in a chopper. Flew for all the buffalo erradication ops, and then onto the rhino rescue ops when we realised we were loosing the poaching war.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ganyana:
Yup- Shot down 5 times. Three cat 5 crashes in a chopper. Flew for all the buffalo erradication ops, and then onto the rhino rescue ops when we realised we were loosing the poaching war.

Very sorry to hear this. Condolences to Sue and the rest of his family. PM sent.

Posts: 41 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 April 2008Reply With Quote