THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Name the Maker and the Caliber of the DG

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name the Maker and the Caliber of the DG
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted

I keep seeing this on different boards. Supposed to be a PH, but I imagine it was an advertisement for a safari company???

Can anyone ID the gunmaker and the caliber?

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I will take a guess. From the looks of the safety on the rifle, I think it is a Krieghoff. I would guess the caliber to be .470 as the shells in the cartridge carrier appear to be nickle plated and I think Federal nickle plates their .470 shells.....then again, I could be all wet and way off the mark!!

Posts: 1664 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think God made her and, from the picture, she looks like a "10"!!! Big Grin

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Where's the rifle?

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2339 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
The holder of the rifle is not only very nice to look at, but she appears to be a powerful woman by her arms and thighs.

CongoMike...I looked these guesses up and I think your right! Good Job!

Now is she really a PH for a safari company?

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
Yes, I think Congomike is right. that definitely looks like a Krieghoff cocking/uncocking safety on the upper tang.

And Howard, you beat me by a smiggen..... my first thought was "what gun?".

I wonder if she needs the services of a tracker or skinner - I'm happy to offer my services as either!

"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)
www.cybersafaris.com.au

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
I think my eye doctor lied to me because I still cant find the rifle in that picture. Big Grin

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
That is Cindy Garrison, who hosts a hunting show on ESPN2 called "Get Wild With Cindy Garrison." This is the website for the show:

Get Wild With Cindy Garrison

And congomike nailed it on the rifle and the caliber.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
I think her father was Zeus, father of the Greek Pathenon, and her mother Artemis, goddess of the hunt.

Watch out! It was fatal for man to come across Artemis by chance in the field!

Looks like a Krieghoff to me as well. I wonder if it is a .470 as claimed or the very special .500/.416 ??? Wink

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
I'd be happy to show her my mount. Wink

Sorry, couldn't resist

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
NitroX, I agree!

BTW, on the website, her double is IDed as a .470.

Interesting, too, isn't it, that a skinny little thing like Cindy can and does shoot a big, bad .470 NE double rifle, when so many he-men apparently can't, or won't, because of the recoil? Big Grin Cool

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Troy Hibbitts
posted Hide Post
Apparently before hosting the TV show, she was a flyfishing guide in Africa

Cindy Garrison, Fishing Guide
or
American Sportfishing Association

I've watched her show on ESPN, and by and large she seems genuine in her hunting adventures. However, given that prior to ESPN, she was apparently a sport-fishing guide, I'm guessing ESPN went out and found the sexiest woman already employed in the outdoor sports and signed her on for thier show. Seems like a good plan to me!

Troy

http://thehibbitts.net/
Brackettville, TX

Posts: 282 | Location: Brackettville, TX | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
She apparently grew up in Alaska, and says she's been hunting since she was a kid.

On her television show she has mentioned that with her siblings all being girls, she got to do the most hunting and fishing with her father.

I suspect they chose her for the show for both her telegenic face and personality, and the fact that she could fish and hunt well.

Garrett

Posts: 987 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
She shoots a 470....

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
You men are waaaay to easily amused! She might be ok to look at, but anytime I have ever traveled with a woman --- well, lets say it has not been a wonderful experience. I can only imagine what hunting with one would be like! I'd ask to borrow the gun and leave her in camp for domestic chores!!

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Name: Cindy Garrison
Caliber: Way over my head

Doug

Posts: 280 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Too bad the times are ET. Not many get a chance to watch in the West.

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
I think she would be a lot of fun. My 7 year old daughter thinks she is a god. We watched Cindi's show a lot together.

She's kind of crazy Barbie acting, I wonder how much of that is for the camera.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by congomike:
I will take a guess. From the looks of the safety on the rifle, I think it is a Krieghoff. I would guess the caliber to be .470 as the shells in the cartridge carrier appear to be nickle plated and I think Federal nickle plates their .470 shells.....then again, I could be all wet and way off the mark!!

I don't know who the manufacturer of the rifle is, but as I recall, on a couple of episodes of the show, there have been problems with the second barrel not firing.

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post

Yep it is her.

If the second barrel does not fire that turns into an expensive and scary single shot dangerous game rifle.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the gun is a 38D caliber. It is definitely a double barrel as I see two of them.

Posts: 10362 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Here is a fishing video of her on sail fish.

I need ESPN2!

http://espn.go.com/winnercomm/outdoors/video/v_Dec9_05_GetWild3_512.wmv

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish the photos showed her with tape over her mouth. I cringe when I see her photos thinking about her speaking - kind of like someone running their fingernails down the chalkboard. Bring on the blonde jokes.

Posts: 294 | Location: Waunakee, WI USA | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The link to the ESPN site states that her show is on at 8:30am and 10:30 am on Sundays. However, the actual program listings show a fishing show then. I'd sure like to see it but would hate to get up early (Central time) and it not be on.

Posts: 470 | Location: Mountains of Southern New Mexico | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

An article about Cindy's show and some video clips from the show can be found here:
http://espn.go.com/outdoors/tv/s/g_fea_ESPN2_Radio_Cindy_Garrison_051209.html

Excerpt from this link:

"The first gun, a .470 double rifle, was for any in-close shots if a surly buff suddenly came calling in the junglelike conditions."

"The second rifle, a .375, was no popgun, either; it proved useful for shooting opportunities that were presented in some of the region's more-open terrain."

Photo gallery:
http://espn.go.com/outdoors/general/gallery/gallery_garrison.html

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
I did a search on my digital cable for get wild and it showed up on this Wednesday(2- 2:30am) and thursday(2:30-3am). Also on 1/22 at 2-2:30am and 1/24 at 12-12:30am for those who are interested. All times are California time. I thin it is the same show as according to espn the show is called get wild with cindy garrison.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
The rifle is definitley a 470 and it looks like a kreighoff to me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
333_okh

I had exactly the same reaction as you in looking at the photo! It would not surprise me if she handles a 470NE quite competently!

Posts: 800 | Location: NY | Registered: 01 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually, her hunt shows are better than most seen these days on the commercially infested/ hunt shows; she seems like a great outdoors person.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1586 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
I think I need to catch one of her shows. For those of us who cannot get her show, can we get tapes or DVDs of them?

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
For you that are moaning about the show times, do what I do, RECORD IT. Then you can watch it when and where you want. If you can't figure out how to do that then have one of your kids or your wife set it up to have it recorded for you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep it's a Kreighoff .470, but sorry guys, Cindy has been replaced as of January 1st with salt water fishing. Anything any of us happens to be watching now are reruns from her show that came on the air in October. I just hope that she is off filming new adventures for the next installment. She grew up in northern California and spent a lot of impressionable years on her grandfather's ranch in southern Oregon. Her time in Alaska was because she went north to become a fishing guide. Apparently it wasn't easy in a man's world and after a few setbacks she was off and running and has her own fishing lodge in the Okavango somewhere for tiger fish. I hope she has a booth at SCI. I want an full sized autographed poster!!! Also, she has three sisters.

Posts: 442 | Location: Montana territory | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
She has taken a lot of heat about her physical appearance and her show. It seems a lot do not like the blond bombshell and thier sport together. I actually wish her the best.

I also wish more women would hunt, bombshell or not! A woman hunting is hot in a very different way!

One of Us
Picture of Riodot
posted Hide Post
Kreighoff is a sponser of her show and I heard her say it was a .470 on a water buff episode.

And, she seems like the type of person I'd like to hunt with - a hunter who is not all about the kill - but about the hunt.

Lance

Lance Larson Studio

lancelarsonstudio.com

Posts: 933 | Location: Casa Grande, AZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote