New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need some references
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Thanks again for helping me get started on my trip to Namibia. I now have a few nice offers and would like to know if anyone has hunted with the following:

Erongo Lodge
Sunshine Safaris
Kateneno Bindings
Van Heerden Safaris

There are a few others "still in the race" but their backgrounds are known to me.

The planned hunt is a 10 day stay, seven days hunting for (in order of priority): Hartmanns zebra, Red Hartebeest, Springbuck, Warthog, Gemsbok, Baboon and Jackal.

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sadly, most "PH's" in Southern Africa do hunt from a vehicle and while they will honor your request to hunt on foot, many will try to bring you back to the vehicle spot and stalk method.

We work with two outfits that abhor vehicle hunting and I thought that if you prefer to hunt on foot, you should know about them.

There's nothing worse than a lazy PH.

Posts: 2928 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Russ,

So far I�ve only hunted with TG Safaris and Tino loathes hunting from the bakkie. He has made me walk more than anyone (and climb and jump and "just a little further...") and keeps forgetting that I�m almost twenty years his senior!

one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
The nice thing about hunting on foot is it also gives you chance to see and experience nature. If you worked hard to get to your animal it will always be special.

Jaco Human
jacohu@mweb .co.za
SA Hunting Experience

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Walking has one disadvantage -I tend to sidetrack a bit. After my last hunt I came home with a lot of rocks, pieces of bone etc and really good memories.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Russ: Have I given you the impression that I�m looking for a operation that hunts from the vehicle? Not so.

Anders: Hartmanns zebra is on my list but I�ll have to take it easy with the other ones as they are quite expensive -next time.