Find
Notify
Tools

Zim Currency Exchange
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted
Anyone know what the exchange rate is for the Zim Dollar these days?

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What time is it... Confused It changes that fast. bewildered

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Hey, ask Bobby Hansen. He'll know. Just remind him of the spilled Diet Coke on his calculator, so if he doesn't get it right the first time he can recalculate it again.

one of us
posted Hide Post
UEG:

Yep...Bobby would know!....but he won't accept payment in Zim $$!! But as l2s states...they'll only give you daily quotes....and the # changes HOURLY it seems. As a matter of fact, a guy at SCI was handing out ZIM$500 bills with his info on it as a business card....said it costs A LOT LESS than buying cards! That should tell you something.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
This will only give you the government rate!

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That site doesn't have it. Yesterday I was talking with the outfitter GarBy refered to and I think he said 40,000 to one.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
"That site doesn't have it. Yesterday I was talking with the outfitter GarBy refered to and I think he said 40,000 to one."

That means Zim $1 million would be U.S. $25. Anyone know how I can buy it at that rate and have the bills delivered to Tucson?

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reading the above posts I was led to to thinking about when I was in Zimbabwe in May 1993, and stayed at a hotel in Harare overnight before my charter flight into camp. Next morning (after staying in a comfortable but average room in what was a Sheraton, as I recall) checking out, I was presented with the bill. I saw the figure that read something like $1200!. I looked up at the desk clerk who was a good guy and took pity on me. He said that figure was in Zimbabwe dollars -and that the rate was 6 to 1 (official) with US dollars. You know, 1993 isn't that long ago. It truly is sad what has happened to Zimbabwe.

Posts: 619 | Location: The Empire State | Registered: 14 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
gerrys375:

I know what you mean. In 1994, in Bulawayo, we ate at a really nice barbecue place. I paid the bill for six of us, bar bill & all, & it was like $60.00 US. A beer was either .25 or .50 cents I think. A bottle of Coke was even less. It was a little worse in 96 but nothing compared to now. What a shame.

Posts: 158 | Location: texas panhandle | Registered: 15 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Official rate at this minute is $1.00 = $259.00+- Zim dollars.

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of prairiewolf
posted Hide Post
Good old basic cornflakes are Z$90,000 to 130,000 a box, and fancier breakfasts are even worse. Oats are not even available, but you can buy imported breakfasts for over Z$200,000 a box.
I found this on this web sitewww.sokwanele.com/blog/2005_10_01_blogarchive.html

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Posts: 144 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
If it were safe (don't know if it is or not these days with all of the scams), guys should check their checking account balances while there.

I bet they will be googleaires!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Black Mzarket rate is 1US$ = Z$5000 9 That is, five throusand new dollars- remember we chopped three Zero's off a few months back so 1- 5 million old dollars)

Tourism rate is arround US$1-Z$3600 (ie that is what the safari operator will get for the money he runs through the bank and the exchange rate that will most often be used in working out the PH's pay.

However- if the government keep the gold mines closed (they have shut down arround 8000 small mines becuase they were selling the old on the black market at Z$80,000 a gramme instead of selling it to the government at Z$16000 a gramme...) Of cource it was the gold being smuggled out of the country that was paying for our fuel imports, so while 27,000 small scale miners sit in jail and the mines are closed hard cash is running out

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote