New
Find
Notify
Tools

back from Zim
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just returned from Zim Friday morning. Had a good safari starting in Dande north and finishing on a ranch in the south. Flew into Harare and out of Bulawayo and had absolutely no problems the entire time. I admire the ability of the safari operators to continue to pull off hunts with all the shortages in Zim. The governement has cracked down on their ability to maintain a foreign exchange account. The current rate (last week) was approx 10,800 to 1 from the governement and approx 25,000 to 1 on the black market. Fuel continues to be an issue but they seem to manage. The attitude is one of desire to hit bottom so matters can start to improve.
Almost missed my flight out of Bulawayo due to automobile flats and overheating. With the SAA strike I don't know when I would have gotten home.
Interestingly, they didn't collect the $20 departure fee.

one of us
posted Hide Post
MSC,
Welcome back. Who did you hunt with??? Any photos??

Looks like you got out just before the strike. Smiler

Phil

Posts: 535 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 17 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Welcome home....You are fortunate that you made it !!!

The departure fee is build in to the price of your air ticket.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9497 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Glad you had a good trip and did not get caught up in the strike. I'm looking forward to full details.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote