THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Ian Nyschens Books available in Africa!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ian Nyschens Books available in Africa!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Zambezi Valley conservation trust launched at Ian Nayschens Memorial service today.

All rights to Ian's new book at 380 of the first 500 printed are property of the trust, and will be made available to hunters visiting Zimbabwe or South Africa.

Once the inital batch have been sold, the book will be reprinted and marketed as a fundraiser for the trust. Money will go towards (initially) lion reserch.

I will let the forum know where the books will be available from in Jo'berg and Harare.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Already got mine ordered. Smiler

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Ganyana,
I ordered mine from Zimbi Books last week and it is in route to the States via airmail per e-mail advise...are the additional copies owned by the trust different in any way????

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7541 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got mine about a month ago

Posts: 175 | Location: australia | Registered: 14 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
500 copies of the book were printed and the trust has been handed the remaining 338 copies. Obviously some have been sold and I do know Zimbi took a consignment.

The remaining books and a second print run will be managed by the trust. Ian didn't want the books on sale outside Africa until the local market had been satisfied! I am not a trustee so don't know for sure, but I gather the trust will be putting them with one shop in Jo'berg and one in Harare and otherwise taking orders - once they have all the necessary bank accounts sorted out etc. Ian left three houses and a couple of trucks, book copywrite etc to the trust. The two lawyers (one South African and one from Zim) were at the service, and gather things will be finalised before the new year.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of husky
posted Hide Post
Ganyana,
Did you get a copy for me?

Husky

Posts: 1134 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote