Find
Notify
Tools

Tell me it ain't so!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of hunteratheart
posted
I just got an email from GunsAmerica claiming they were not going to the Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg,PA due to "the prohibition against selling and delivering of firearms of all types". We got rid of Reed Exhibitions last year because of them wanting to restrict "black guns". The NRA has it this year and this is the first I've heard anything of the sort about restrictions. Any vendors or members out there know anything about this?

DRSS
Sabatti 450\400 NE
Merkel 140-2 500 NE

Posts: 668 | Location: WA | Registered: 24 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Make sure the date on that email isn't a year old.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hunteratheart
posted Hide Post
First thing I checked and the fact that they reference the outdoor show returning to Harrisburg this year.

DRSS
Sabatti 450\400 NE
Merkel 140-2 500 NE

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2694 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is way old news. announced last year.

As in all the major shows of this type, the firearms will be "disarmed" by firing pin removal - so it really would not be a saleable item.

It appears that the show is MUCH more focused on firearms this year as it seems that every major manufacturer is here. A change from previous years.

I'm looking forward to seeing the changes and seeing it all once again!

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe the intent is that without the sale of firearms the manufacturers will be more focused on displaying their new products. I'd rather see that than a rack full of Ruger American .270's and .30-'06's for sale because that what moves the most volume.

One of Us
Picture of hunteratheart
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info and the link. I remember a little info coming out around the NRA taking over the show but never saw that piece of info about not selling/distributing arms. In the world of information overflow, this didn't make it on my radar until the email from GunsAmerica yesterday.
I'll be there next Saturday to check out what's going on and the new forum.

DRSS
Sabatti 450\400 NE
Merkel 140-2 500 NE