New
Find
Notify
Tools

STARTING HER OFF RIGHT
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Headed to South Africa in July. Trip number 6 for me and this time I am taking my youngest daughter. She is thirteen. She is the hunter and I'm along to watch. She has already taken deer and turkeys, along with lot of squirrels and couple geese. She says see can't wait to show pictures to some boys at school who don't believe her.

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

Stupid people should not breed

DRSS
NRA Life Member
Owner of USOC Adventure TV

Posts: 923 | Location: Phx Az and the Hills of Ohio | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1113 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Way to go!!! Hope you take lots of pictures and have a wonderful time! We ladies need to brag about our trophies too!

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
I hope you guys have the trip of a lifetime!

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah!

Another future hunter and gun owner in the making.

Good on 'ya dad!

Good luck on her safari.

Posts: 2624 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good for you! I know you and your daughter will have a wonderful time. Thanks for setting a good example.

Posts: 481 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: 20 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RM007:
Headed to South Africa in July. Trip number 6 for me and this time I am taking my youngest daughter. She is thirteen. She is the hunter and I'm along to watch. She has already taken deer and turkeys, along with lot of squirrels and couple geese. She says see can't wait to show pictures to some boys at school who don't believe her.

Hey stranger! Haven't heard from you in ages.

Have a grand time in RSA.

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome. Take as many photos as humanly possible. Fun stuff.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Tony good to see you are still posting.
Can you believe I have a 13 year old. You remember my oldest she went on a few trips with us 25-30 years ago. She is 43 now and still hunts.

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

DRSS
NRA Life Member

Posts: 923 | Location: Phx Az and the Hills of Ohio | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, 13!!?? It’s been a while! Best of luck on your hunt!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is wonderful!

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3402 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Absolutely fantastic!

I wish both of you all the best.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see when she shows the pictures and the reactions.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey Tony good to see you are still posting.
Can you believe I have a 13 year old. You remember my oldest she went on a few trips with us 25-30 years ago. She is 43 now and still hunts.

Mike,

Yeah, still posting, but my hunting days are pretty much over due to medical issues. My COPD has me on O2 24/7 and as of last Dec. I'm a cancer (colon) survivor.

All that doesn't take away the memories of days gone by, however, which includes the hunts we shared together. In fact, I was just talking to someone the other day and mentioned the pronghorn hunt we did on the Hualapi with Craig Boddington and a few others.

And not too far back, Joe Reynolds and I revisited our dove hunting trip to Mexico. Over the years since Ellen and I have owned our time shares in Mazatlan, Navajoa and the Del Rio hotel we stayed at have served as our overnight stop on the drive down.

My favorite, though, was the caribou hunt on the Mulchatna with Nick. I can look at the wall to my left and see the photo of you holding that big red salmon I caught. I had an unpainted fiberglass repro made of that fish because I had planned to have that big bear I killed in BC pawing at it when it was mounted. But alas, the unpainted fish sits in a cabinet and the dried out bear skin hangs in a corner of my trophy room.

BTW, I saw where Sentinel Mountain is still in business with a new owner. That area has to be one of the best spots to hunt black bears if one disdains ambushing them over donuts. Roll Eyes

I often use that photo of you and Roy measuring that monster I killed on my first trip to show just how big it was. It's too bad I didn't get it mounted before the tanned hide became unusable.

Anyway, 'nough of that. Are you now in Phx. or OH?

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
quote:
She says see can't wait to show pictures to some boys at school who don't believe her.

Right on! Best of luck to your daughter on her hunt. My 15-year old loves to show all the boys at school her elk and oryx pictures. Really gets their goats. Smiler

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tony
Over the years you have been a prolific writer. I have always thought you were even a better photographer. I think you should start a new thread and post some of you pictures.

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

DRSS
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Thirteen.... why so late?? Wink

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A fortunate young lady, that has a father like you. Better be careful about posting pics of her with a gun and dead animals.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2646 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As someone said lots of photos. My father never was big on photos. One time we caught over 100 pounds of cat fish. We had the stringer stacked.

At the time, I remember thinking this is how every July will be. He died when I was 17 in 2008. What would I do to have a picture of that. Much to my dissolution, that July day never came back. His health always battling took a long good bye.

Make the most of it. Keep it close as life is fleeting.

Posts: 12072 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You two are going to have a blast!

I took my daughter at 14, in 2016. A great dad/daughter experience for us. Also gave her more practical field shooting experience than she would have picked up in three years at home.

Taking my son (14) to Tholo this July!

Posts: 447 | Location: CA.  | Registered: 26 October 2016Reply With Quote