THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Has anyone seen John Sharp recently?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone seen John Sharp recently?
 Login/Join

<allen day>
posted
I spoke to one of my friends this morning and he told me that John's health didn't appear to be good. Is this true?

AD

one of us
Picture of Jeff Alexander
posted Hide Post
Allen,

John was at SCI Reno. I didn't talk to him, but he was there.

Jeff

Posts: 1002 | Location: Dixieland | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Allen,

I saw him a few times in Reno. He has gained some weight, but otherwise looked as always.

Posts: 1046 | Location: Kerrville, Texas USA | Registered: 02 August 2001Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allen day:
I spoke to one of my friends this morning and he told me that John's health didn't appear to be good. Is this true?

AD

I sat down with John Saturday morning. He looks like he may have put on a little weight but is otherwise in great shape. He's a great guy to chat with and a wealth of information.

Cheers,
CL

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Allen: Somebody told me about your query regarding John so I called him. He's fine. If you go to his website, he's got pictures of this past season's hunts. He still looks like he can kick all of our proverbial asses! Smiler jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Allen,
I sat down with him in Reno to talk about a Ele hunt. He was his same old self, my wife Mary Joe also talked to him and said he was the same as last July(I think she has a crush on him). He looked fine.
Bob Jacobs

Posts: 201 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Jorge,

I like Item 17 on John's Packing List, "An open mind and a good attitude."

John Sharp Safaris

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Terry: Believe it or not, I often-times get a lot of ribbing about John. I guess it's the pictures of him without his shirt or something. In person, he is one of the most articulate and knowledgeable individuals I've ever met and you can discuss with him a whole host of topics, not nessesarily related to hunting. I know there are many, many, great PHs out there, but like I've said previously, I can't afford to have a bad safari and with John, you know you are getting your money's worth as well as a great time. AS long as he is hunting and Ican go to africa, I'm sticking with him. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
I'm glad to hear that John appears to be in fighting shape still!

Appearances can be quite deceptive. I consider John to be as good a PH as you can hunt with, and Jorge, I agree with your rational 100%.

AD

one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted Hide Post
I saw him in Reno as well. He is showing his age, and the sun has taken it's toll, but he looked good to me.

Those little old lady reading glasses he wears don't help.

Mark Jackson

Posts: 1123 | Location: California | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He was at the APHA dinner that Thursday night in Reno at the Peppermill. Last time I noticed he had a girl on his lap. Looked healthy to me. A bit like Willie Nelson!

Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Well I guess with ALL the admiration for John as a HULK (poor old me) I better just stick to booking hunts and playing (tiddlewinks) Red Face

Unless of cource there is a SUPER RICH lady out there ( with a nice pleasent face ... figure ) who's father ownes a BREWERY and has nothing better to do with her life than to look after my interests beer

Peter ( age 61 ) and counting

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote