New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drop box for a 375?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just read " Buffalo-How many shots" and I'm questioning if a drop box floodplate is a good investment on a Winchester 375 H&H.

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Most all of my big bore bolt guns have a drop box...the box requires a new stock btw..well to be done right it needs a new stock is what I mean to say...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Mark,

Changing the magazine spring for a Wisner unit should add one round to the capacity. 4+1 is usually enough; 99.9% of the time, the buff runs away, providing time for a reload.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
99.9% of the time, the buff runs away, providing time for a reload.

I wish you would post that in the AR by-laws somewhere... b/c every time a cartridge debate comes up, the platform for the various arguments are built on just the opposite statement. roflmao

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks George! I'm new to DG rifles, as you can tell, and I'm sure I'll have lots of question. Like, where could I buy one of the Wisner units?

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark,
Althoug its probably a good idea, I would suggest that you have a better chance of being struck by lightening than needing that extra round to save your life. three down and one up the tube works 99.99999% of the time...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote