New
Find
Notify
Tools

SSG's Malapati safari area???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hope someone can answer a couple of questions.
I hear that there are two camps in Nixon's area now. If you book which one do you get? Is the area big enough to hunt two people at different camps? What is the difference between the two.
Any answers would be helpful
Thanks in advance

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeff, when I was there, I hunted out of the Malapati camp. The other areas are Sengwa 1 and 2, as I recall. They were abandoned when Aubrey Kent disappeared, and the tribe awarded them to Nixon earlier this year. They were putting quite a bit of effort into rebuilding those camps while I was there.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs, is Sengwa in Malapati? or is that another area? The area looks small as area's go in Africa
Thanks for the info

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A good friend hunted Sengwe 1 last year, nice area hard hunting, really thick riverine brush.

I have been told by Paul Phelan , who was the , PH, that the camp washed away in floods last spring. I understand that Nixon is/was in the process of rebuilding but have no details.

IMHO there is plenty of room for two hunters in two camps.

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably depends on what's available when you book. Your agent should have all the details on what's available on any given date. I use Aaron Neilson and have had no problem getting those types of details ....

I stayed in Malapati last year, but understand the Sengwe II camp was available (but still in the improvement phase). This is likely the second camp to which you refer.

The Sengwe areas and Malapati areas are different but pretty much adjacent. The Malapati areas are smaller.

I don't know if there is another camp at Sengwe I, but it wouldn't surprise me as Nixon has a whole lot of ground between Sengwe I, Sengwe II, Malapati Communal, and Malapati Safari.

Posts: 661 | Location: Below sea level. | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Plenty of places to hunt for many hunters without bumping into each other.
I was last year in Malapati and stayed mostly in Sengwe II.
Heard it got washed off in 50+ year flood right after I left ( December 2012 ) . Simple yet comfy camp. Nixon will have it rebuilt soon, if not already done so.
Great guys, professional, helpful and ton of game.
No worries there, you will be in good hands.
Any other questions, PM me anytime

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
When i ws there last year we stayed at Malapati. We did stop by the other camp in sengwe when we were down that way. While talking about the different areas my PH mentioned that there were more buff in Malapati "this time of year". He said the Sengwe camp was great for elephant early in the year.

One thing im trying to learn about hunting africa. The situation is fluid. Based on AR members experinces with Nixon your in good hands. Go shoot a big one!!!!

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote