THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: GSC of RSA delivers after 16 months ...
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: GSC of RSA delivers after 16 months ...
 Login/Join

posted
My, she's even prettier when she's angry! Not to worry, Gina, things will all work out fine.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I recently received 200 grain HP bullets for my 375 H&H to play around with. This was my second box and I ordered the first box by making a deposit at the Bank Of Alabama and received the bullets about 6 months later. During October 2002, I dropped an order form and cash in an envelope and mailed the order from the Johannesberg airport. I did not expect to receive the order as I figured someone would take the cash and run. However, I was very surprised to receive the order a few weeks ago. Consequently, my experience indicates a high level of honesty on the part of GS. I am getting 2950 fps with 77 grains of IMR 4895 and shot a 2.5" group at 200 yds with the bullets.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I finally got the 7 Kg's of "machined copper parts" that I ordered 16 months ago. For the record, I wanted to acknowledge this. Hopefully whatever bad things were happening to good people have stopped.

Is anyone else still waiting on a long lost order of GSC bullets?

Any US distributor?

Lately I have been wincing at Ross Seyfried's recommendation of the GSC FN bullets, in the pages of _Rifle_ and _Handloader_ magazines. Such references will not be so painful if the pipeline is flowing again.

It seems to me that GSC still has the best overall quality, price, and variety of calibers and weights, softs and solids, of any bullet maker in the world ... delivery problems big time, however.

At least all the copycat bullets such as the Barnes Triple-Shock, etc., allow some alternatives, almost as good.

GSC's new 300 grain HV and FN combo should be the only .375 caliber bullet needed for the "Keep It Simple Stupid" principle. No special long magazines needed as for the Walterhog, which was too long in the nose for the average .375.

Of course the Walterhog was designed by Saeed, in his image.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
You should be happy now, not being an old crab (like me.)

Posts: 19317 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ron I am glad you finally got your order. However, the only way I will deal with GSC is in person when I am in the Port Elizabeth area. If they dont have what I want avaiable I will pass.

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about this?

1. I order bullets from GS Custom.

2. GS Custom ships the bullets to me.

3. 16 months after the bullets arrive, I send payment to GS.

Seems fair.

I hope GS can survive, but once bitten, twice shy.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They do have some problems in the shipping area, no doubt about that and they have made some feeble excuses it appears..I have not had that problem and I have had some shipped to me early on and got them right away...

I believe it has to do with a lack of understanding from a business point of view, they just came out with such a good product that it got completely out of hand and they cannot meet the demand and are afraid to expand..The logistics of operating a business in Africa is pretty grim anyway and getting materials etc. is a real problem for them I suspect...Also I think the daughters took over the business and are learning some hard lessons, but it looks like things are slowly getting better...

I suppose the bottom line is pick them up at the store or have someone do it for you...

But I guarentee you the product itself is the absolute best and I really just want the FN solids, they work on everything I have shot with them...I also think the HV HP are better than Barnes by a good deal..

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
Ron, glad you finally got your order. Also, glad to see you here again-a few of us were getting worried.

one of us
posted Hide Post
We are also glad to see GS is catching up on their backorders and glad you got yours. Since you asked about an American Distributor, you may want to try HV Concepts Inc. @Yahoo.com We may have what you want or it will be arriving soon. Some here have been buying from us including 500 grsins.

John/ HV Concepts Inc.

Posts: 76 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Will,

I am cultivating the "old crab" approach, but I am happy to see the "parts" from GSC, finally.

Hi Mike,

That's a safe approach. I do believe GSC has moved the operations to a new location, a rural one, that must be in the Port Elizabeth area. Maybe a pilgrimage to GSC is the only way to see if there is any stock.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray, GS has the best bullet made today (too bad about Bridger). My complaint is about untruthful statements. I would have bought at least a couple of thousand dollars more bullets from GS by now had there not been false statements made. As it is, with HV Concepts serving as a distributor and taking the risk out of the transaction for us, I am delighted to be able to order from them. To all who would like to enjoy the best bullet made today, I suggest you place an order as soon as HV Concepts gets its stock as they will sell out rapidly.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a plan, 500grains. Here is the delay progression on the orders I got through: 2 weeks, 6 weeks, 6 months, 16 months.

As for all the BS reported by others, I cannot comment. I have only been put off by delays or no responses at all.

I hope the company stays alive and I hope HV Concepts will stock all their "parts."

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
O.K., rest assured that I will post at least once monthly, as proof of life. If I do not do that then you may assume I am dead. Still in South Dakota right now, very much alive.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray,
The 320 grain GSC HV is tempting in .423 caliber for my new 404 Jeffery sheep rifle in the works. Stainless steel and synthetic, with pop-up night bead, receiver sight, and variable scope. Weighs 8.5 pounds with 4 rounds of ammo and no sling.

one of us
posted Hide Post
RIP,
That is a dandy bullet...I love these flat nose solids..

500grs.,
Your correct of course, they have no excuse for such behavior and having a US distributor is the only way it would have ever worked if the RSA mail system does not fail them and I would not take odds on that..RSA postal service rates right up there with Alibaba and the 40 Theives and a few organizations we have right here in the good ole USA....

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gina surprised me with an email that they offered 404 bullets in .419 diameter for folks with small holes in their guns. They offered to send me some free samples to try out. I accepted. Mailed surface on APRIL 5, I will let you know when/ if they arrive. None yet, Good hunting. D

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Also, anybody going to Port Elisabeth soon? Might you pick up an order for me? "D"

one of us
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear they finally arrived, Ron. I'm still waiting on my original order from October 2001!

Now that Seyfried has given them good press in a couple of issus of Rifle/Handloader, I expect the situation can only get worse.

Posts: 269 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cannon,
Sorry to hear! Your order must still be circling the black hole, incredible! I think GSC would surely like to satisfy everybody. Try to notify GSC for the umpteenth time. They are not crooks, just got overwhelmed and the squeaky wheels get the grease. Squeak louder.

Gerard says that anyone in the USA ought to order through HV Concepts. It takes six days to get a crate of "parts" from Port Elizabeth to Texas by air freight, I am told.

Speaking of squeaks, I didn't hear any screams when I proposed a stainless and synthetic 404 Jeffery sheep rifle, to be done on a Model 70, BTW. Where did all the nostalgia freaks go? They are supposed to castigate me for that transgression of etiquette.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Can anyone provide me with the address/e-mail address/web site/phone number for H V Concepts. I would like to talk to them about making an order.

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
RIP,
No screams from here over the plastice and SS 404, I fell quivering on the floor, broke out in a sweet, suffered doldrums and hotflashes and passed out!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ron,

I got an email from Gina in December that said "All orders that have been paid for by customers have now been finished and are ready to ship. We are verifying addresses to make sure the parcels are delivered correctly."

I confirmed my shipping address, and in January received an email saying my order had been shipped.

I waited 3 months, then emailed Gina to let her know I still did not have my order. She responded that she would look into it and let me know what she found out. That was over a month ago, and I have not heard back from her. I will email her again this evening.

I really do feel sorry for all the folks who are inevitably going to go through this same ordeal now that GSC has made the pages of Rifle with Seyfried's endorsement.

Cannon

Posts: 269 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Post deleted by 500grains

one of us
posted Hide Post
The samples of .419 for my small barrel 404 Jeffrey came today. Just under 5 weeks surface shipping. If my gun likes them I will do my best to get more. D

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I emailed Gina again. Her response was basically that the package had been sent, and it was no longer their problem.

Alf, I'm curious, did Gina send you a tracking number and claim it was proof your order had been shipped?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Speaking of squeaks, I didn't hear any screams when I proposed a stainless and synthetic 404 Jeffery sheep rifle, to be done on a Model 70, BTW. Where did all the nostalgia freaks go? They are supposed to castigate me for that transgression of etiquette.

We are saving our chuckles for the picture of you after you shoot your Sheep, lying prone on a 60 degree uphill slope.

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Dear Gina

I am very interested in 510 450HV.111 and 510 540FN.101 What would be the best way for me to get this product. I live in Denmark.

Bets regards,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It sounds like Gina is trying to do her best in a difficult situation. I just hope that eventually GS bullets are available to all who want them. The GS FN solid is the best solid out there, and it is unfortunate that it is not more readily available.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gina, I don't have a dog in this fight, but I want to say to you that you have handled yourself well in this response; just the right balance of grit and manners.

Posts: 157 | Location: The Edge of Texas | Registered: 26 January 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
"We have reshipped parcels claimed as not received. When lodging our insurance claim, proof of delivery is given by SA Post. The customer gets two for the price of one and we pay for it and get the blame."

I don't have a dog in this fight either but having following the trials and tribulations of the folks on here I now realise who the liars and crooks are! I know if I had been waiting for bullets for over 12 months or had orders go "astray" I would would not be very pleased to read that..

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I now realise who the liars and crooks are!

I got 3 or 4 emails telling me my bullets had shipped, but only 1 set of bullets arrived. If 3 or 4 shipments arrived, I would be delighted to pay for them as the bullets are so damn hard to get.

one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Well If Gina replys to my post I will place an order and we will se how this goes down. And I will time them like a Master Chief timing his Divers tik tak tik tak...

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Whatta Mess!

If I have the option, I will use the best quality target and hunting bullets, and that includes GSC at the top of my list.

I will surely be trying HV Concepts, and it appears that an email to John is the way to start.

Some info on my latest GSC shipment:

Ordered December 24, 2002, paid for with wired funds that day.

Shipped from RSA, surface parcel, insured, February 7, 2004.

Arrived May 1, 2004.

April 27, 2004, USPS mails to me a claim form and the primary address label on a piece of wrapper off the package, torn off and found somewhere in the bowels of the blackhole, apparently.

The package itself had the torn wrapper repaired with clear package tape, and the entire package sealed in a clear plastic bag after the address label was ripped off. Fortunately, the insurance form/label on the package had my address on it, so the package and complete, undamaged contents plus the wrapper fragment/claim form made it to my home on the same day. Contents were specified as "turned parts."

All this makes me wonder if customs and security types are ripping open packages for inspection and then re-sealing them?

So, 300 grain .375 caliber GSC HV and FN bullets truly do exist. Better than Walterhogs.

I also now have a good supply of 380 grain .416 FN bullets, my number one cape buffalo choice.

And I now have some 720 grain .510 caliber banded target bullets of VLD nose profile. The bands are progressively wider from nose to base, and seem to taper from .509 caliber to .510 caliber in order of engagement of the rifling ... should be smooth and accurate and a top 1000 yard performer in the .510 JAB/500 A2 or 50 BMG.

GSC is still adding to their inventory. Read this and weep, y'all.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mickey,
If Mr. Chadwick can do it, so can I! I'll be sure to practice prone with the .510 JAB/500A2 with 720 grainers at 2200 fps and 1000 yard targets. 5 mil hold over, watch the wind, and do the 60 degree triggernometry for future reference. Thanks!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I aRe A "Ron" Berry/RAB/DaggaRon/RIP

Ron,

Is there any reason why you go through "handles" like an AK47 through ammo.

At your current rate I predict that within 3 years your signature line will be longer than your longest posting

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

All this makes me wonder if customs and security types are ripping open packages for inspection and then re-sealing them?

Hmmm, small boxes weighing way more than their size would indicate, coming from South Africa.

Why would they NOT open them for inspection?

Are we even allowed to import bullets to the USA? [calling them "turned parts" may fool some, but probably not everyone.]

I recently received a shirt from RSA that was opened and repackaged and marked as inspected by US Customs.

All these shipments may be sitting in the same Customs warehouse.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
My handle history is all there, dating back to early 2000, when I found this site while surfing for cape buffalo info. I had such boring handles that I decided to end it all and call myself RIP, which has the ring of finality to it. My taxidermist and hunting buddy, Vip, calls me Rip when I am in sidekick capacity on our outings, so it is a natural for me.

I promise not to clutter the string further, but you can call me Ron, or you can call me R.A., or you can call RAB, or you can call me Dagga, or you can call me Rip ... but you doesn't has to call me by my new Lakota name, Chante' Mato'. That can be translated as "care bear," "heart of bear," or "bear heart." I am saving that one for pow wows with the Oglala Sioux.

Please, let us not take this too seriously, we are here for hobby fun only. Escapism.

one of us
posted Hide Post
L,
You got a point there. This messy world has hurt a small business that has the best bullets extant. No doubt the blackhole sucks in many ways. Hopefully the pipeline to HV Concepts will continue to flow, for those in the USA.