THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Picture of Rare Mauser "African model"

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picture of Rare Mauser "African model"
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted
Gentlemen

Sorry no picture

I am looking for a picture of the Mauser African model with the long 7/8 foreend. (not full-stock)
I only have a small picture of one from the article by Harald Wolf "Romancing the long rifle"
It is also known as the Model long carabin.

I would furthermore be very interested in the Hatari magazine where this article is.

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PeterV
posted Hide Post
I had the good fortune to acquire two Mauser Afrika Models, one in 7x57 and the other in 8x57 in 1998 as part of a trade - the fellow parted with these rifles in exchange for a Berretta O/U - methinks I got the better end of the dealSmiler

The 8x57 has a full length octaganol barrel while the 7x57 has semi-octagonal barrel with a full length flat rib and an intermediate action. Both rifles serial numbers feature in Jon Speed's "big" Mauser book.

Both rifles are in 1st class original condition with matchng serial numbers on all parts - plus as a bonus they are very accurate.

Their looong barrels and lean looks make my 20" and 22" stopping rifles look like short stocky wrestlers....

Posts: 90 | Location: southern Africa | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You lucky man

Both calibers are true classics.

Now if I give you two Berettas do we then have a deal

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Alf

I found this picture on the internet.
What do you think of the stock design any coments.
I looks a bit longer then normal but not quite 7/8 foreend maybe a 6/8 foreend
The rifle is new and not a classic.
http://www.lechner-jungl.com/deutsch.htm?http://www.lechner-jungl.com/inhalte/boltactionrifle.htm
More pictures of fine rifles.

Cheers,

Andr�

<JOHAN>
posted
Quote:

Now if I give you two Berettas do we then have a deal

Andr�,
I raise and will consider three Berettas

ALF
You are giving me serious trouble with all these wonderful rifles Write a book about Brno, ZB and Mauser rifles, Include korn's book of mausers as appendix

Consider book number 1898 mine

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
JOHAN

I am back to one Beretta but this time it is a SO9 EELL
and I will ever throw in a bow of Elay.

Cheers,

Andr�

<JOHAN>
posted
Andr�

Psst, a hint I think your offer would turn into a substantial loss. A S09 EELL is not cheap

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Alf
Quote:

Another Mauser model and that to my mind is far nicer than the Afrika is the AVIS range model.

do not tempt me with an even more cool model
I look forward to recieving the picture of this rifle.

I might not go with the 7/8 foreend but make it like the Harald Wolf 8x68s longrifle that he build for himself.
I looks more english in design. Ja

This Otto Bock is for sale in Sweden for 100,000 SKR that is about 100,000 Rand.
The rifle looks great dont it ?
Caliber .280 Ross

Cheers,

Andr�

one of us
posted Hide Post
Andre and ALF,

Thank you both for a wonderful thread. Andre for thinking about it and ALF for the superb pictures.

Good hunting and please let us congratulate you warmly when your rifles are ready!

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
mehulkamdar

You are more then welcome.
Here is a picture of some "great" looking rifles
These are the rifles that will be transformed into long rifles. Look - the one of them already have the long barrel.
The are both Argentine army rifles, the long one has a 29" barrel in 7,65x5. Both actions are super smooth DWM 1909 Mausers

Cheers,

Andr�