New
Find
Notify
Tools

BOTS IVORY QUESTION
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
With Bots opening up my question is this- " Has there been a public statement from USFW that the ivory from trophy hunted elephant from Botswana will be exportable to the USA"

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:
With Bots opening up my question is this- " Has there been a public statement from USFW that the ivory from trophy hunted elephant from Botswana will be exportable to the USA"

Hahahahaha!

USFW is run be deranged, brainless, nincompoops who actually think they know what is better for African wildlife than Africans themselves!

Of course, they are sitting in their ivory towers, totally clueless about what actually goes on in the bush! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68612 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Agreed Saeed

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aren't they still approving on "an individual case by case basis" but not issuing import permits for the other countries?

No reason to think they are going to be any different with Bots.

Posts: 552 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed is pretty much correct, but that might be changing pretty soon.To my knowledge, no permits have been issued (for any country) but I know permit applications have been reviewed and some apparently approved...just no permits.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2895 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
Saeed is pretty much correct, but that might be changing pretty soon.To my knowledge, no permits have been issued (for any country) but I know permit applications have been reviewed and some apparently approved...just no permits.

How can they be approved but no permits issued?? Confused

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68612 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE] How can they be approved but no permits issued?? Confused[/QUOTE]

How? They just don’t issue the permit, crazy but true. Confused

Karl Evans

Posts: 2895 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.nationalgeographic...on-elephant-hunting/

While hunting elephants is now legal in Botswana, American sport hunters may not rush there because it’s unlikely they’d be able to bring their trophies home. In 2017, a controversy erupted after the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service decided to lift the ban on elephant trophy imports from Zimbabwe and Zambia. After President Donald Trump tweeted his dissatisfaction with the decision, the Fish and Wildlife Service reversed course and decided to evaluate all applications to import elephant trophies from all countries on a case-by-case basis. Since then, no permits have been issued.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9479 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DSC is taking legal action -- Thank you DSC! Saeed's opinion of USF&W is somewhat charitable.

I don't know what they are doing but they don't either, so I guess that makes us even.

Posts: 10307 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote