THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Is the Cecil fiasco going to change your plans?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is the Cecil fiasco going to change your plans?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Im thinking about Tanzania now over Zim. Did a Zambia lion hunt a couple of years ago..Didn't get my nice male then. Maybe this time...

Posts: 297 | Location: california | Registered: 20 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was in contact with a well known operator last night . He has a client cancel a big safari on the date of departure over these concerns.

This same operator is removing all lion pics from his website .

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fortunately, my trip has already occurred. Otherwise, I don't believe it would change my plans to go.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I was in contact with a well known operator last night . He has a client cancel a big safari on the date of departure over these concerns.

This same operator is removing all lion pics from his website .

Makes sense to take off lion pictures. Why give more propaganda material to the anti hunters. Also last thing you want is outfitter website to disclose pictures of a hunter who has a public profile.

These anti hunting guys have figured out you can use hunting to professionally and financial lynch doctors and dentist via social media.

Also google Image search can be used to match up people and hunting images.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
I head out this month. Just like all of you, I am ready for this to blow over. Like many other Outfitters, we have gotten our share of hate mail. Technology has made it possible for people to quickly voice an opinion even if they know nothing about the subject matter. Traditional print media attempted to tell both sides of the story but that has changed. Around the time of the birth of Christ, it took information a thousand years to get around the educated world. Now it takes 10 minutes. I will continue to hunt Africa but I will be careful what I post. One thing we have to do is get more organized! The Anti Hunters will not give up. No telling what they have planned next. Even if you shoot a lion legally, they will try and destroy you.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote