Find
Notify
Tools

RSA Wildlife on GMA
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted
Robin Roberts from Good Morning America is in RSA covering the World Cup and doing "local color" reports.

This morning she was in some sort of wild animal sanctuary. I missed most of it before my wife called me in to watch; I did catch a feature on some guy who hugs lions and plays with cubs--Roberts referred to him as "the lion whisperer." He was lovin' it up with some huge MGM-maned male, and playing with some cubs, one of which was white, like they were a bunch of kittens. Roberts was laughing as the cubs tried to chew a hole in her blouse.

Then Roberts showed shots of other animals, including springboks, which she identified as the symbol of RSA sports teams (true) and "the most hunted animal in South Africa (maybe, but who cares?). The most interesting aspect of this segment, however, was that when she was talking about and pointing out the "springboks," the camera person was shooting film of blesboks--or maybe bontebok, but for sure, not springboks!

Did anyone else see GMA today? There were probably other parts to the story that would set forum members' teeth on edge--

Or maybe I am just being too critical.

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1554 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am sure it would have set "forum members' teeth on edge", I guess that is why I don't watch any of the 3 (left) nat'l networks. It sure saves me a lot of heartburn, eh. Smiler

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
GMA on in the mornings so we watch it instead of the daily local reports on how many apartment fires there were last night in Atlanta, or how bad the traffic is. So occasionally as I'm passing through the den, I catch a story or two.

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1554 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote