New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buzz Charlton's DVD
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I got to sneak into the DSC convention for a few hours Sat. Had a nice conversation with Buzz. It was a great plasure to meet him and I am trying to convince myself I have to go on a tuskless hunt with him.

I bought his DVD at the convention and would recommend it highly to any hopeful elephant hunters. It is not just a hunting video but an instructional video and very educational. There are multiple sequences where the shot is marked and then the brain is overlaid on the elephants head. The full hunting experience from tracking to judging ivory is explained in some detail. No BS either.

Best money I every spent on a "hunting" video, and I bought so many there I could barely haul my bag to my car Smiler

AR members are very well represented. Congrats to all.

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Metalman, I agree with you...I like how it shows the ear hole as a benchmark for lining up for a brain shot...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Any news on where and when this DVD will be available - apart from convention sales??

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mho:
Any news on where and when this DVD will be available - apart from convention sales??

- mike

I hope I am not speaking out of turn, but Buzz told me he had just made a deal with Safari Press to market it worldwide.

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cunningham
posted Hide Post
I got an email from him this morning and he said the DVD's will be available on his website very soon. Copy of email about DVD's below.

"I am setting up an online site to sell the DVD's I will let you know as soon as they are available. They will be $39.99 plus $5.00 shipping within the USA."

Global Sportsmen Outfitters, LLC
Bob Cunningham
404-802-2500

Posts: 580 | Location: I am neither for you or against you. I am completely the opposite. | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
quote:
It looks like Rowland Ward is going to distribute Buzz's video. You might want to call and place an order so that they can let you know when their stock arrives- 500Grains

Dan was correct and initially Buzz was going through Rowland Ward, he still may be.

However, when I was at the Dallas Show in Buzz's booth, he and Ludo struck a deal to distribute them through Safari Press. They purchased 1,000 videos and will carry them as a catalogued item. Don't know when they will get their supply and list them, an e-mail to Safari Press will certainly confirm this. Buzz was also selling them at his booth in Reno and Dallas.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

African Hunter is correct. This is a post from the thread "Brain Shots on Elephants".

I agree with Metalman it is an excellent guide to shot placement...the best I've seen. (but I am biased)

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great video.

Doug

Posts: 280 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With Quote