Find
Notify
Tools

The elephants that came to dinner
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted
This is a great video taken at Mfuwe Lodge in Zambia-ENJOY!
https://www.youtube.com/embed/NdTII_unZSA

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13399 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Until someone gets hurt...

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
That's a very neat video. The elephants seem quite well behaved. Yes, it could all go to hell quickly, but I think it'd take a stupid act by someone to get the shit started...

Or a bull in musth!

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or worse.... Getting them so used to humans poachers can literally walk up to them. Then they will simply be another statistic and those people will be wondering how come baby Weddingtons family never drops in anymore??

MopaneMike

Posts: 1112 | Location: Southern California USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
All's well -
that ends well

That which ends differently-
well not so much

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Cool

I have had a similar experience in India.

My late friend Mark Davidar used to feed the wild elephants with Jack fruit. The big tuskers used to come right up to the verandah - just a meter or two from us!

This one was about 10 meters from us.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11221 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I get a bit turned off by seeing wild animals near human buildings-especially modern structures.Simliar to the hyena and Kudu picture recently posted, the thing I found gross was not the kill but the animals in the restaurant.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:

I get a bit turned off by seeing wild animals near human buildings-especially modern structures. Similar to the hyena and Kudu picture recently posted, the thing I found gross was not the kill but the animals in the restaurant.

Yep - This is a continual battle with tourism operators. They habitualize animals to humans and the inevitable happens. The animals then begin to cause so much trouble they wind up being culled. God forbid that a tourist or local is injured or killed - which is happening with frequency. But the tourism operators could care less, they are only after tips at any cost. The tourists love it, the tour operators make more money and the animals wind up paying the price all because of stupidity and greed.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote