New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Arms Big Bores
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I picked up a CZ Arms catalogue yesterday and noticed that they are offering their 550 Safari Magnum in the Classic Safari model from their custom shop in 404 Jeffery, 450 Rigby and 505 Gibbs. MSRP $1750-$1850. Also selling ammo for these with the CZ head stamp. Any one tried one of these in 505? Looks like an affordable way to try out their 505 Gibbs.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

If you haven't seen it already, take a look at http://www.safariclassics.com/

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Use the "Find" function to seach for other strings here from earlier this year. Several people saw these at the SCI Convention and the SHOT Show.

I have ordered a .404Jeff.

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks B and L. I'll check them both out.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to seeing them at the NRA show tomorrow.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
fla,

When you go to the CZ booth tell Jason Morton that I sent you!

he's the one to talk to about these Big Bores!

Les Howell

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dr B
posted Hide Post
I have been considering the 505 gibbs and 450 Rigby, untill I just looked at the ballistics on the above Web site. The 458 lott looks much better than the 450 and is neck and neck with the Gibbs. Why buy a gun that is chambered for a harder to find and more expensive round if there is no advantrage in ballistics.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 450 Rigby is more gun than the lott anad can do what the lott does with a lot less pressure. It also can be loaded to get near the .460 Weatherby if you want.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know about those biggn's but their offerings in .375 and .416 Rigby have been excellent thus far.

JW

PS- - kinda ugly rifles though!!