New
Find
Notify
Tools

DSC water damage ??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Did anyone see the water damage after a water pipe broke Saturday afternoon?

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3992 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I was under it!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36843 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh I saw it, it wasn't good, it was like being in a texas Rain storm, plus a bunch of brown stuff...I felt really bad for those people in those booths.

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can you tell me what rows or folks it affected?

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3992 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kobus Möller was one of the booths affected. Also Thormalen and Cochran, Wild River Outfitters, a fur coat place, Tam Safaris.

There were a bunch more but I can't remember the names. They were near the front door on the 1200/1300/1400/1500 isles.

It was a condenser pipe on the roof that broke and the brown stuff was rust (thankfully) and not sewage.

Posts: 307 | Location: Dallas,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Wow!

Kobus and the fur coats! High dollar wares that you cannot dry out, period. It will be interesting to see how this plays out and what the actual losses will be.

As an aside, I'm picturing one of those Tam lions with his mane totally wet and needing a good blow drying and re-styling. Funny picture!

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
As an aside, I'm picturing one of those Tam lions with his mane totally wet and needing a good blow drying and re-styling. Funny picture!

Take it to the hair dressers just like before he was shot!!! BOOM

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually the damage was not as bad as you would think. The furs were on racks with wheels and got moved very quickly and nearby exhibitors pitched in and got all of the paintings moved.

Posts: 307 | Location: Dallas,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can you tell me what rows or folks it affected?

Terry,

It was in the corner near the main entrance. It would have been the higher numbers like 1600 or so.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36843 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 450/400
posted Hide Post
I was at Kobus Moller the day before and after. It was unfortunate, but nonethesame, they were still in business and if you didn't know about the leak, you wouldn't have been able to tell the next day.

We bought another piece from them post-rainstorm.

Posts: 675 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 26 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
I'm glad it was not too bad for Kobus. His things are very nice. I have a few of the more "affordable" pieces.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To give you an idea of the scale of the water damge... this was the view from behind my booth...

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote