New
Find
Notify
Tools

Protest the Dallas Safari Club
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went out to see the protesters and counted 24, along with 8 DPD officers. Not very effective.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2910 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cajun1956
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Some of you guys have been quoted on Lion Aid's Facebook page (see excerpt below):

The Dallas Safari Club “Convention” is now history.

Some comments from those trophy hunters attending:

1. ”Looking around its looks like Africa hunting is headed to a buffalo and plans [sic] game package in the next 5 years. My gut is Leopard is next on the target list.” Translation – elephants and lions are increasingly off the menu in Africa. Leopard trophy hunting will now be challenged as well.

2. “That said...the BVC has booked all but one of its lion for this year as of early yesterday.” Translation – The Bubye Valley Conservancy has booked clients for all but one of their “available” lions. Bubye, as we all know by now is a fenced property in Zimbabwe aggressively promoting lion hunting of the offspring of their introduced lions.

3.“ everyone I talked to said things were slow. Their American clients had cancelled all their lion hunts.” Translation – the USFWS ruling on future lion imports is having an effect.

4. “all my responses were that things were slow and hardly anyone had sold a lion hunt.” Translation – US trophy hunters don’t want to buy a hunt without a trophy to bring home.

5. “The lion and elephant trophy bans will have a serious impact. Very few clients will pay six figures to only take pictures. Very few will pay a sliding scale trophy fee on ivory weight when ivory cannot be imported.” Translation – none needed!

6. “Slower than last year, no doubt. I heard a little birdie say that an SCI "Authority" was present and said pre-registration for SCI attendance was down 50%. Is that true? Only someone from SCI could confirm. I have not seen the numbers, but it would not surprise me if DSC was down 50% as well.” Translation – DSC was a dud.

7. “Most operators that I have spoken to are banking on better results from SCI?” Translation – DSC was a dud.

So there we have it. Trophy hunters are not interested in buying trophies unless they can bring them home. So much for hunters saying that they “hunt for conservation” – they could do that without the trophies?

In addition, ole Pieter Scat provided a link to Accurate Reloading's website for the benefit of his "keyboard" warriors.

Also worth noting is that photos of Arjun Reddy (with his Lord Derby eland) and Mark Young (with his pronghorn antelope) are included with the above quotations. Cheers!

DSC Life Member
HSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
SCI
RMEF

Posts: 2021 | Location: Republic of Texico | Registered: 20 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ Gould:
A dozen double rifles, some custom bolt guns, and some nice shotguns easily worth half a million. Logistically impossible to rescue in the event of an evacuation due to fire. I think a couple of years ago the sprinklers came on at DSC and there wasn't even a fire. Fire, water and firearms don't get along, sorry.

If any of you macho guys want to underwrite my guns I will be happy to put them on display. Until then they will stay in my gunroom out of sight and out of mind.

Just like Mike Jines said"An elephant might fall from the skies in Oregon and smash your half million dollars worth".

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clan_Colla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ Gould:
A dozen double rifles, some custom bolt guns, and some nice shotguns easily worth half a million. Logistically impossible to rescue in the event of an evacuation due to fire. I think a couple of years ago the sprinklers came on at DSC and there wasn't even a fire. Fire, water and firearms don't get along, sorry.

If any of you macho guys want to underwrite my guns I will be happy to put them on display. Until then they will stay in my gunroom out of sight and out of mind.

"COR-VENS" like the rest of us --or choose another insurance company.

OR- Don't Drive, Don't Fly, Heck Don't even go out of doors --especially to hunt --on a Horse, an ATV, a Jeep or even your own two feet.--

All are more likely statistically to have a bad outcome--- especially transportation of your guns by ANY means is more likely to result in their loss.

JM2C
YMMV

Posts: 633 | Location: Texas | Registered: 30 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safaris Botswana Bound:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cajun1956:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Safaris Botswana
This is true! Access their social media sites and inundate them (both professionally and respectfully) with scientific studies, successful conservation stories (e.g. - Omay, DAPU, BVC, Save, Royal Kafue, etc), ongoing hunter funded social initiatives, etc. Almost without exception, when the anti-hunters are confronted with overwhelming facts, their emotion based diatribe/narrative "folds like a cheap suit" eventually resulting in swearing and name calling.

The odds of converting a rabid non-hunter are slim and none. However, many non-hunters access the anti-hunter social media sites in an effort to obtain a much better understanding of the ongoing wildlife related issues (e.g. - Cecil debacle). I seem to recall an ole say'n: “He who controls the narrative controls the debate".

well said
+ 1

All hunters should be encouraged to join facebook as we need to be visible in numbers. Even if you are not active.

The number of hunters and hunting related goods on social media is growing and the anti hunters are having a hard time keeping up.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9982 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote