THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Overnight with firearm in Joburg airport

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Overnight with firearm in Joburg airport
 Login/Join

posted
I will travelling to S.A. later this year. Travel requirements will have us arrive in the early evening and staying at the hotel in the Joburg airport. Do I pick up my firearm as normal on arrival and hand carry to room? We leave the next morning for our safari.

Let me know if anyone has experience with this.

Thanks!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ridgetop:
I will travelling to S.A. later this year. Travel requirements will have us arrive in the early evening and staying at the hotel in the Joburg airport. Do I pick up my firearm as normal on arrival and hand carry to room? We leave the next morning for our safari.

Thanks!

You will need a intransit permit for the rifle from the police station at the airport.Once you get the permit you can leave the airport with the rifle and ammunition.I used the support of Air 2000?? to speed things up.They had a guy meet me upon arriving,then he took care of everything and brought me to my room at the Airport City Lodge.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks!

I use Africa Sky Guesthouse. It is about 8 minutes from the airport. They have a meet and greet and firearm permit service. Works slick. They will meet you at the terminal, walk you to the police station to pick up your rifle and then jump in a van and your there.

If you go ask for their filet for dinner as its spectacular.

Others like to stay at the I think City Hotel right at the airport.

I like Africa sky as it is reasonable, pretty damn close. And after dinner you can have a cigar and scotch by the camp fire for your first night in Africa.

Mac

Posts: 1746 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks!

Are you in transit or leaving for elsewhere in SA? If in SA the permits are already as required for temporary import / export. Collect and obviously take care of the firearms.

Posts: 690 | Location: JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ridgetop,

You'll collect your guns and luggage and just take them to the hotel with you. Best way is to engage a meet/greet service to supply your SAPS gun permit, walk you through the arrival process and get you checked onto your flight the next day. One of these services takes all the angst out of the process.

Have a great safari!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13001 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote