Find
Notify
Tools

Collen van der Linden
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone hunted with this gentleman?

I was supposed to have a different PH for my 21 day hunt with Zambezi Hunters. They have just switched PH's on me.

Thanks.

Posts: 11996 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
He was my brother's PH when we hunted with Roger Whittall last year. Although he was not my PH, I was in the field with him for some days when hunting with my brother, and he was a very knowledgable, competent PH. PM me if you would like more details or if you would like me to put you in touch with my brother.

Posts: 11 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: 05 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
He picked me up at the Harare airport in June. Personable guy. Good hunter from what I've heard. Blurb from the ZH website follows:

http://www.zambezihunters.com/...n%20der%20Linden.htm

Collen left school and immediately joined Roger Whittall Safaris as an apprentice hunter. He got his full Professional Hunters license in 1995 and has since hunted throughout Zimbabwe.

During his career he has earned a reputation as an excellent and highly professional hunter. Collen started hunting for Zambezi Hunters in 2008 and we look forward to him working with us for many more years to come. Collen is married to Justine and together they have a son, Oscar.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good man. Known him since he was at School. Works hard and has a good natural flair for finding game. Enjoy your hunt.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Collen way back in 1996 in Matetsi. He was 24 or 25 at the time, but I'd rate him as the best that I have hunted with, which includes some ten or so PH's. Great guy, knowledgable and enthusiastic, at least he was 13 years ago.

Posts: 322 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shared a camp with him last May. He was a very nice fellow and good company. My Ph thought very well of him. He sure likes his 450 Ackley - big bullet and big velocity.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I booked a hunt for myself and a friend last year with CM Safaris having hunted with them the year before. I was informed that Collen was to be the PH for my friend and like you I had never heard of him and so made enquiries. Buzz Charlton's personal recommendation was good enough for me and so I thought no more of it. My friend hunted Tuskless and Buffalo with Collen and we shared the same camp. At the end of the hunt my friend was that impressed that he insisited on Collen hunting with him again this year. The guy is both good company and an absolutely top notch hunter. You will have a great time.

Posts: 559 | Location: UK | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks gentlemen. This provide me with some measure of relief.

I was not happy with the change.

Posts: 11996 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Larry - I was in camp w/Robert and Collen. I've been around a number of PH's in various camps and Collen seems like a solid guy, married w/kid(s?), sharp, easy to communciate with (calm/cool, not the frantic hyper type), fit, etc... He was kind enough to loan me his .375 and .300 rifles. I would gladly hunt with him.

Unexpected changes like this are no fun, but you should have an excellent hunt. I think I have his email if you would like to try to contact him before your hunt, assuming this is not last-minute, let me know.

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much. Please send me his e mail address.