Find
Notify
Tools

Absolutely Fabulous Maps of Zim !!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Question:
Hello Gentlemen: I have just now arrived back from an somewhat exciting, but very 'eye opening' stint in southern Africa (South Africa & Zim) for the past 2 1/2 months. I was suppose to stay a little longer....but my grand-daughter said "Grandpa....come home"! Besides, my cup was about to run over, so to speak.
I have collected some absolutely marvelous maps of the Matetsi Areas (including Woodlands, Panda Mansuie, Fuller Forest and the Kuzuma areas)....along with a DETAILED map of most of the Gwaai area with the "NEW" breakdown of how it has been most recently divided amongst the "NEW" landowners.
The Woodlands is absolutely overrun with Buff. It seems it is about the only area carrying a constant supply of water in the entire area. They at least are keeping their bore holes functioning and pumps running. I was at the new camp for that area and was the first to stay at the camp with our PH and client(s).
I have quite a bit of other "information" I could share about the under toe political climate (which at the moment is quite stable).
Exchange rates....Who's hunting where....other camp facilities....Victoria Falls....etc. etc.
If you are interested in any of this contact me personally. I hesitate to place on an open forum what I was seeing in person. (good and bad).
All in all, it was an eye opening trip. I shot more video than you can imagine, and feel as though I got some excellent footage of everything from Ardvark to Zebra, including some great Buffalo!
As soon as that Granddaughter gets a little bigger we are all going back!!! Which should be a short commentary on the Safety Issue...if I am willing to take my 5 year old Granddaughter back.
Final thought: You know the old saying.......
Opinions are like (anal spincters), everybody's got one. Mine is this. American clients and American dollars are, for the most part, keeping the safari industry alive in Africa. We are indeed a unique culture of both gracious, but not so mannered people. And, on the cutting edge of technology, but often times ignorant beyond degree. My cup runneth over.......with clients.

Choices:
What poll?

Indoctrinate your Grandchildren to hunt....or someone else will indoctrinate them not to!

Posts: 40 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 16 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great trip was had //

Were you actually hunting, on business or just having some fun and games

Dont be toooooo shy, we can take the bad news on AR as well as the good

Where were you based In RSA

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PM sent Wintershoek.
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote