Notify
Tools

Serapa Safaris Tragedy
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted
Just heard this:

It is with a heavy heart that we inform you that Apie, Yolande and Abraham were involved in a helicopter accident this morning. Unfortunately Apie passed away on the scene. Yolande is in hospital now where she is still undergoing some tests. Abraham is doing alright but has also been undergoing some tests. The family appreciate all the love and prayers but please ask for a brief mourning period. We will keep you updated when we know more. From Scott and the Serapa team.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sincere condolences for the loss and prayers for a complete and speedy recovery for the survivors

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thierry Labat
posted Hide Post
May he Rest In Peace and condolences to his family and friends. I hope the others make a quick recovery.

Posts: 644 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 10 August 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thierry Labat:
May he Rest In Peace and condolences to his family and friends. I hope the others make a quick recovery.

Very sad to hear this.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
The latest word:

Just a quick update: Yolande is in the ICU at the moment, she has sustained a spinal injury but there seems to be no neurological damage. She has also broken ribs as well as her ankles. However she is conscious and talking. The next 72 hours are critical so please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Abraham is also in ICU overnight for observation just as a precaution. The family appreciate all the messages, please just understand that they aren't taking calls at the moment

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Terrible news.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12711 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Shona
posted Hide Post
My sincere condolences, so sorry to hear this.

Johann Veldsman

Shona Hunting Adventures

www.facebook.com/shonahunting

www.AfricanHuntingNamibia.com
www.conservation-hunting.com
Mobile: +264 81 128 3105

P.o. Box 564
Outjo
Namibia
Africa

Posts: 196 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 23 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very sad accident.
Prayers sent.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Apie was a nice man, we talked numerous times about hunting - very sad news!! My condolences to his family, and hopefully a speedy recovery as well.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Our family's thoughts and prayers are with their family.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
The latest:

A quick update: Yolande is in a lot of pain but is resting and remains strong. Abraham is just a little sore but is doing well, he should be released today. Adolph is with his family and is doing alright. Thanks for all the messages, thoughts and prayers we really appreciate them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunted with Serapa back in 2013...

As I recall, Apie flew his own chopper most of the time... was he flying when this happened?

Really sad... He and Yolande obviously enjoyed life together...

May he rest in peace.

Posts: 11033 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
My friend David called and told me that he and his wife were scheduled to be on that chopper to Jo'berg. However Apie and his family were going to pick up another hunter, so David and Mitzi did not fly with them.
So sorry to hear of this tragedy!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Condolences to family and friends for their loss, prayers for a full recovery for the injured.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Hunted with Serapa back in 2013...

As I recall, Apie flew his own chopper most of the time... was he flying when this happened?

Really sad... He and Yolande obviously enjoyed life together...

May he rest in peace.

Yes I understand he was. We also hunted with them in 2013 and hosted them at our home a few times. We will miss him.

One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
What a terrible news….. Had the pleasure to meet Apie and Yolande few years back, great people and gracious hosts. Condolences to the family and my prayers for a speedy and full recovery of injured.

Ahmed Sultan

one of us
posted Hide Post
Very sad. I hunted with them a few years ago

Condolences to Yolanda and hope for a speedy recovery

Posts: 572 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Prayers to those involved and close.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3458 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a real family tragedy. So sorry, and wishing for a complete recovery for the injured.
God Bless you all...

Posts: 564 | Location: texas | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Heart felt condolences. Me and my son Ahmad Sultan hunted with them few years back. Nice people . May God rest his soul in peace and give courage to family to go through this great tragedy

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear. My heartfelt prayers and condolences to the family.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Sad news indeed.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9983 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of martin pieters
posted Hide Post
Sincere condolences to all.

martinpieterssafaris@gmail.com
www.martinpieterssafaris.com

" hunt as if it's your last one you'll ever be on"

Posts: 639 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
My condolences ,ver sad Apie was a wonderfull man .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote