New
Find
Notify
Tools

DSC 2012 hotel
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I finally joined DSC, and plan to attend the convention in January. I see DSC is booking rooms at the Hyatt. Is that the best choice? Where will others be staying?

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Marty,

Many AR members stay at the comfort inn at 7138 N. Stemmons.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike-
I see that is 5.0 miles from the DSC Convention Center arena. Is there a shuttle, how do you get back and forth?

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Marty,

Book a room at Aloft. It is right across the street from the convention center. Literally a three minute walk. I have stayed there the last two years. Buzz and Myles are booked there too.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i'm booked full up my living room and dinning room are standing room only rotflmo dam i love living in dallas

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I live north of dallas but the wife and i stay at a hotel toget away for a few days. We realy like the aloft about 3/4 mile in front of convention center. Its a lot nicer than the hyatt.

Posts: 167 | Location: Mckinney, TX | Registered: 15 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tx308,
I'm next to farmers market Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Marty,

Book a room at Aloft. It is right across the street from the convention center. Literally a three minute walk. I have stayed there the last two years. Buzz and Myles are booked there too.

Aloft is clearly the closest hotel. Just one block away.

I stay at Magnolia, also well within walking distance (even with a half case of beer in your backpack).

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
marty - we usually car pool a bunch together or pool a cab

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Marty: DSC has room "blocks" at more than one hotel in the convention center area so you have somewhat of a choice, check the DSC website for additional hotels; as of yesterday the room blocks were 76% reserved. ddrhook...CityView or Camden?

Karl Evans

Posts: 2910 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Marty,
There are fancier and closer hotels if that is important to you, but the Comfort Inn is a relaxing place with many AR members staying there. Also, a party is held there one night for AR members. Getting to and from the show is usually no problem. Other members are willing to share a ride.
Max

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn, Max Sat night party at CI Fri AR dinner, probably at Pappacito's. Got to get started on that project. Big Grin

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, everyone. I just booked two rooms at the Aloft for my friends and myself. I'm looking forward meeting as many fellow AR members as possible.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If the stock market continues down, I think I will take a tent.

Posts: 10378 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm at the Magnolia this year. I was less than impressed with the Hyatt last year.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Wait till they open the new convention center hotel 2013 I believe or late 2012.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the Adolphus in Dallas. It's not far, but you will need a ride to the convention center. They closed the best of the three bars in the hotel recently, so that's a big negative, but overall, it's a good hotel and relatively close. Plus, my firm has a corporate rate.

Posts: 10382 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Retreever brings up a good point, the new convention center hotel is supposed to be opening before Christmas, though one or tow of the bars may not be operational . I believe their rates will compare with the other nearby hotels so I suppose that would be another option. I've been in the hotel and it is nice!

Karl Evans

Posts: 2910 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote