Find
Notify
Tools

leaving tomorrow
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well folks
I am not quite packed, the business in disarray, planning and scheduling not done and 4 more projects walked in the door this morning. Of course they want to start on them right away. I have three sets of DBs not done and several new projects starting this week. I still need to "still" download and finish my travel and gun documents and take the wife out for our 26th tonight. have not made it to the bank to get travel funds yet. Hectic and scrambling is an understatement. Why do all trips to Africa start out this way?

But regardless, I am getting on the plane for that long ride to Zimbabwe tomorrow at 5 to go hunt Bull Ele, hippo, hyena and that very illusive impala with that rascal Pete Barnard

please pray for me (:

Best

Rory

Posts: 3617 | Location: Verdi Nevada | Registered: 01 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have a Great time Friend!

I still have 26 days to go.......

You're right.....it always goes like that!

Posts: 42342 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Be safe, shoot straight and have a good trip. Since you are leaving on your anniversary, I don't believe it would be a good idea to have your wife pack for you........ Big Grin

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Barnard? heaven help you!

Good luck. I have known Peter for years. He is a great guy.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
+1!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As a business owner I feel your pain. Peter is a good man.

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pagosawingnut:
Be safe, shoot straight and have a good trip. Since you are leaving on your anniversary, I don't believe it would be a good idea to have your wife pack for you........ Big Grin

the smooozing I had to do..........pathetic for a full grown man

She's ok with it, now. But it cost me

Posts: 3617 | Location: Verdi Nevada | Registered: 01 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Safe travels and hunting Rory....go gettem' and enjoy tu2

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rory,

May the red gods smile upon you. Break a leg.

beer

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Wish you all the best. I cannot wait to read the hunt report.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11221 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
God Speed and God Bless your travels.

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Full Roar:
Well folks
I am not quite packed, the business in disarray, planning and scheduling not done and 4 more projects walked in the door this morning. Of course they want to start on them right away. I have three sets of DBs not done and several new projects starting this week. I still need to "still" download and finish my travel and gun documents and take the wife out for our 26th tonight. have not made it to the bank to get travel funds yet. Hectic and scrambling is an understatement. Why do all trips to Africa start out this way?

But regardless, I am getting on the plane for that long ride to Zimbabwe tomorrow at 5 to go hunt Bull Ele, hippo, hyena and that very illusive impala with that rascal Pete Barnard

please pray for me (:

Best

Rory

Wish you all the best.

Enjoy your hunt and come back home safe.

Something to bear in mind next time.

Get ready well before the last few days. So you can enjoy the wait rather than be running like a headless chicken!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Well folks

please pray for me (:

Best

Rory

Wish you all the best.

Get ready well before the last few days. So you can enjoy the wait rather than be running like a headless chicken!

yep Saeed, good advise. And it things were not comical enough already -- Took the wife and two daughters and three grandkids out for dinner to night. Chewing on a steak and a bridge implant falls out. Send email to my dentist. Wait frantically for him to reply.. have to go in at 8am to get the dang thing glued back in 2020

Wife is now sympathetic and says things will be ok tu2

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Well folks

please pray for me (:

Best

Rory

Wish you all the best.

yep Saeed, good advise. And it things were not comical enough already -- Took the wife and two daughters and three grandkids out for dinner to night. Chewing on a steak and a bridge implant falls out. Send email to my dentist. Wait frantically for him to reply.. have to go in at 8am to get the dang thing glued back in 2020

Good thing it happened now.

A few years ago hunting at Chete, I cracked a back tooth lengthways!

It was bloody painful, but I wouldn't see a dentist in Zim for all the tea in China!

Got it fixed when I got home.

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"Break a leg" is show biz lingo for bon voyage, it does not mean "break a tooth!" 2020
All's well that ends well, good luck. salute

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Well folks

please pray for me (:

Best

Rory

Wish you all the best.

as an FYI, they basically use a "medical" grade of super glue. for a temporary fix, any super glue will work as long as the tooth is dry.... permanent repair is a bit different but super glue can get you over the hump in an emergency. it is also very useful for closing lacerations/cuts-PROVIDED YOU CLEAN THE CUT OUT GOOD WITH BETADINE FIRST.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13399 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
have fun, be safe,

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shucks those teeth are just plastic, if the base is too. any PVC glue will work fine.

Yrs ago the MIL broke a front tooth off on hard candy. I called the guy nextdoor that had made 'em for her yrs before. That's what he told me to use. From then on I called Allie: sewer mouth, we had a great time harassing each other til she died.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6010 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Well folks

please pray for me (:

Best

Rory

Wish you all the best.

as an FYI, they basically use a "medical" grade of super glue. for a temporary fix, any super glue will work as long as the tooth is dry.... permanent repair is a bit different but super glue can get you over the hump in an emergency. it is also very useful for closing lacerations/cuts-PROVIDED YOU CLEAN THE CUT OUT GOOD WITH BETADINE FIRST.

Many years ago, we had a dentist from New Zealnd. He was a great guy as well as a great dentist.

I broke a crown at the weekend, and I stuck it with super glue.

I went to him after the weekend, and he had a job taking the part that was broken and stuck with super glue.

"What did you stick it with?" he asked.

"Superglue" I answered.

"You BASTARD!"

Another time I had to have a root canal done. And was joking on the phone that I was in for a rough time.

I put a Walther PPK pistol in my pocket, and went for my appointment with him.

As I lay in the dentist chair and got all prepared for action, I took the pistol out of my pocket and stuck it at his crown jewels!

"Remember, if you hurt me, I hurt you!" I said to him.

His nurse's eyes were popping out of their sockets.

He laughed as he looked at her and said "It is not a joke, that gun is loaded!"

I had no trouble after that.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
jumping

yuck

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1142 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My doctor gave this advice several years ago since I always tend to have it just like Full Roar;

leave the office and shut down the cell phone one day before you leave.. it makes your mind and heart able to enjoy and prepare the last hours before leaving !

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1142 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dwarf416
posted Hide Post
Hi guys,
If I am in Zimb either hunting or with the dental NGO you are more than welcome to ride to my camp and you´ll have free dental work. Only bring something to drink for the campfire.;-)
Super glue will work in an emergency if the bridge and the abutment are perfecly dry, in an EMERGENCY. Please don´t use it if it is not an emergency. it is a nightmare to unglue it.
I always carry superglue in my med pack, it is the quick way to stich any cut. Please clean first thourogly.
Enjoy your hunt

diego

Posts: 645 | Location: madrid spain | Registered: 31 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwarf416:
Hi guys,
If I am in Zimb either hunting or with the dental NGO you are more than welcome to ride to my camp and you´ll have free dental work. Only bring something to drink for the campfire.;-)
Super glue will work in an emergency if the bridge and the abutment are perfecly dry, in an EMERGENCY. Please don´t use it if it is not an emergency. it is a nightmare to unglue it.
I always carry superglue in my med pack, it is the quick way to stich any cut. Please clean first thourogly.
Enjoy your hunt

Darn good advise from all you guys. I always carry one of those little dental kits you can buy that will make a temporary crown. Probably ought to replace it as it has to be over ten years old. I'll stick some super glue in my pack as Brady was not overly confident it would make it thru the tip and if the dang thing falls out in Sapi it will be an emergency Smiler

starting to de stress a bit. Wife almost offered sex this morning. Things are looking up

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nickh:
Full roar,
Good luck for the trip, Barnyard is a hoot! he was my PH on my first ele /buff safari.
Good fun and very knowledgeable . Say G'Day to him from us here in OZ.
Where are you guys hunting?

NICK

Hi Nick - fixed it for you Wink

Pete and I have known each other for quite a while now. First time hunting with him though. We are hunting in SAPI out of the Zambezi river camp up next to Mana Pools area. One of the auction areas. I hope to catch one of the big Jumbos that hang out there before they get pressured back to Mana, and it should be a good place to try to bag a Hippo.. Also got a hyena on the list

g'day mate!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pete was my PH on my first safari in 2011. I still chuckle at his antics. You will have a great time (he is also an excellent PH IMHO).

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 488 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
good luck and godspeed
Shoot straight

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote