Find
Notify
Tools

DFW Customs Offices
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of TexasHunter
posted
Are there any customs offices outside of DFW Airport? I need to get my Form 4457 signed and had time this week to get it done.

Posts: 126 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 30 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Staley Keck
posted Hide Post
Yes, try Alliance Airport of I35 Just North of the Fort Worth Cabela's store. Just call ahead to schedule a time as they may be inspecting flights at another airport. Inspection was painless took all of 5 minutes. Hope this helps

Posts: 79 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 06 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
7501 Esters Blvd.
Irving Texas
972 870 7460
m-f 8:30-5:00
It is very near DFW airport but not on the property, hope that helps

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been to the old one on Royal and the new one on Esters.
If you go to the one on Esters, just be sure you go in first, and advise them you have some guns to be checked. There is one fella in there that is a little testy.

Everyone else in there has been very nice.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went to the office on Esters last year. Everyone was very congenial. They do want you to tell them that you have firearms before you carry them in. Also, I have found that they appreciate it if you tell them upfront that the bolts are not in the rifles or that you left the bolts at home.
Dabney

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I forgot to include the "Suite" number,,, it is Suite 160, on Esters,,,,I did go in first and advise them I was bringing in guns,, they had an agent meet me at the door and thanksed me for the heads up,,,,,no problems,, ,,

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
I was there an hour ago, (DFW US Customs) they don't mark it very well. It is the office with the flagpole in front of it.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TexasHunter
posted Hide Post
Thanks Everyone - heading there tomorrow to take care of the forms. Appreciate it all.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Something else to remember is, that form is good for the life of the gun if it remains in your possession. You don't have to get a new one each time you leave the country.

They are right about the testy guy. He was chewing on a guy when I went in. I already knew the procedure. He sighted me to the poor guy as a good example. The poor bastard kept trying to tell the testy-one that he was in a hurry. Don't attempt that approach. Mr. Testy was very nice to me, and I thanked him for his help on the way out. He still had the mullet in his clutches.

Posts: 13860 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Customs officers are often hired on the basis of flunking the MMPI. Lots of sociopaths in that bunch.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TexasHunter
posted Hide Post
I was in and out in 10 - 12 minutes - the guy that helped me chewed out two guys before he helped me, but was nothing but easy and courteous with me.

I am interested in the statement it is good for life as the forms have an expiration date on them now. Anyone have any knowledge of that?