New
Find
Notify
Tools

Congo-Brazzaville?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone heard anything on big-game hunting in Congo-Brazzaville? I just saw an offer through a Hungarian outfitter that featured Dwarf Forest Buff, Forest Sitatunga, Giant Forest Hog, and several Duiker species. Very reasonable cost (instant Red Flag) and it was interesting to hear that this country is open to sport hunting. Wonder if this is a similar situation to Gabon - open for a year or two, then closed down again.

Posts: 355 | Location: CO | Registered: 19 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are 1-2 Hungarian Guys offering this hunts in Congo. I would be very careful because they same "Outfitter" doing some inlegal hunts in Tanzania for years with oversea clients.

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
posted Hide Post
who is the hungarian outfitter?

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah! Who is it?

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 933 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Alan Bunn
posted Hide Post
Here is a direct link to the Congo page and a Hungarian to English translation, courtesy of Google Translate. ~ Alan

Hunting in the Congo.

Republic of the Congo, also known as Congo-Brazzaville

West-central African country, formerly part of the French colonial empire. Neighbors Gabon, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Angola, and has 170 km of coastline in the Gulf of Guinea. Most of the area belongs to the tropical rain forest belt.

The hunting season lasts from May until the end of October.

Foreign hunters to switch to the hunting problem-free, insurance, import license of the weapon. All the necessary documents, arrange authorization prior to arrival.

The tropical rain forest in the hunt along the forest roads gépkocsiról, cserkelve, prowl, hides in the glades, the rivers with boats.

The following may be hunted vadfajokra Ouvesso districts, Cameruni along the border in Congo.

Red buffalo, sitatunga Forest, Giant forest hog, or red River hog, Yellow or Yellow-backed duiker, Peters' duiker, Bay duiker, Blue duiker, Golden cat, Monguz turtles, birds, etc.,

2 months before departure, please visit the International fire center.

Before departure, to conclude with baggage, accident and sickness insurance!

Cheers,

~ Alan

Life Member NRA
Life Member SCI

email: editorusa(@)africanxmag(dot)com

African Expedition Magazine: http://www.africanxmag.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/alan.p.bunn

Twitter: http://twitter.com/EditorUSA

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. ~Keller

To be persuasive we must be believable; to be believable we must be credible; to be credible we must be truthful. ~ Murrow

Posts: 1112 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 09 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted Congo brazzaville about 5 times on my own. Very cool place to hunt, as pygmies are very primitive and hunt is true adventure.
I do not know the Hungarian guys. I know taking in a rifle is almost impossible, I use one belonging to a friend inside the country.
camshaft

Posts: 345 | Location: Cameroun, South Africa | Registered: 19 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would be great to get more infos on this!!

@Cam
you should defintily share some of your hunting impressions/stories. I am sure you could fill more than one book with it.

Dennis

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2080 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will post a thread today for you. Look for Congo Brazzaville background
Camshaft

Posts: 345 | Location: Cameroun, South Africa | Registered: 19 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by camshaft:
I will post a thread today for you. Look for Congo Brazzaville background
Camshaft

Thx Cam Wink Looking forward to it!

Posts: 2080 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
posted

one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.facebook.com/JimShockeyFanPage

Jim Shockey is hunting in the Congo. Looks like a very difficult and interesting hunt.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9409 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know all too well...I was supposed to be with Jim and had been looking forward to it and planning for over 2 years when my health took a serious nose dive and I spent the last 26 days in the hospital.
Jim was good enough to work with me to change plans at teh last minute, and I hope he does well. We have plans to do it again next year.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear that, Cam! I hope you recover fast.

Dennis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kathi,
Can you do me a favor and send me his updates? I really do not wish to join facebook and otherwise I will only get his report when he comes out, as all he manages to do while in the bush is keep his adoring fans (like you I guess?) up to date.
Jim had done some of my other hunts and is partners with me in South Africa.
I am recovering and hope to be back in the jungle again soon.
Cam

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Caracal, I sent you nice photo of elephant we just shot by private e-mail. May post here if I can get time.
Cam

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim Shockey
Camshaft,

17 hours ago.

Great day in the Congo! I got a grey duiker today! And MISSED a black duiker from 230 yards. We made stalks on red river hogs but didn't quite get close enough. Saw two gabon duikers and called them right in. Way cool!!!

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim Shockey
Camshaft,

June 11 via mobile.

Congo update: Got a huge dwarf forrest buffalo today. He ran out into the most dodgy, smelly, leach infested swamp where we had to go get him. My 3rd safari trying to get one... Way cool!

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks,
Glad he is having a good trip.
Cam

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
BONGO IN THE CONGO!!! Made a long, long stalk and finally got to 146 yards and made the shot. Beautiful, old Bongo bull! Day time, no dogs, what a great day!

- Jim S

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim Shockey

Yesterday.

Congo news! I got a gabon duiker with a white belly & striped ears this evening! We've been sitting by a swamp all day & a huge bongo bull walked out right in front, 40 yards away. Bigger than mine, but I'm tagged out already. Great video though! Two blue duikers walked right in at 20 feet away too. Sticky, humid, smelly, hot - doesn't get much better than this!

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great hunt

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2852 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the posts Kathi.
camshaft