New
Find
Notify
Tools

zambia safari
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
hunt is over and the hunt was all I could have asked for.
44 1/2 buff
55 inch kudu
15 1/2 bush buck

still in zambia

pic and report will follow in a couple of weeks.

Bullsprig

Posts: 448 | Location: Okie City | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic Hunt!!!!!

Can't wait for the pictures.

Have a safe trip home.

Minkman

Posts: 659 | Location: "The Muck", NJ | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bullsprig:
pic and report will follow in a couple of weeks.

Bullsprig

I look forward to the full report and pictures. Congratulations.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of G L Krause
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bullsprig

We will wait for the report, but until then, can you tell us what part of Zambia that you hunted? I am going to the Lunga in September.

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do; nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy him, and him only, that kills bigger deer than I do." Izaak Walton (modified)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can someone give me a quick comparison of Zambia to say Tanzania or Zim?

Posts: 470 | Location: Texas/NYC | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rattlesnaker:
Can someone give me a quick comparison of Zambia to say Tanzania or Zim?

Tanzania #1 In most cases, and in the opinion of most!

ZAMBIA #2 But my favorite place in Africa to hunt. The Luangwa Valley's Upper, and Lower Lupande concessions are tops for Buffalo,Leopard, and lion. I've not hunted there, but I'm told, Dendro Park is a good concession in the West of Zambia.

Zimbabwe #3 Great place to hunt, as good in many respects as the other two,and if not for the political problems there would be tops! Still you can have a good hunt there as long as you book with a good outfit.

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys, I hunted with swan/scan in Mumbwa west and east next to the kafue National park.

game quality and numbers were incredible. Mumbwa west for buff and east for all else.

Hunted with Dave Rademeyer. I don't know how a PH could be better. he is a machine in the field. He knows the animals and birds and has a geat sense of humor.

I know the Luangwa Valley is better for buffalo but Mumbwa and Mulobase has the Sable. What an animal. I will hunt it next year.

Bullsprig

Rose lipped maidens--light foot lads!!!

Posts: 448 | Location: Okie City | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well done Bullsrpig. I hope I do as well in Zambia this Sept. I will be hunting the Luangwa's lower Lupande concession with Peter Chipman. Can't wait

Posts: 472 | Location: Bothell WA | Registered: 31 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Donato, I will be with Peter Chipman the last week in August until 9-4-05. When is your trip?

bullsprig, congratulations on your super hunt. I only hope our trip goes as well. How were the flights through London to Lusaka? Were there any travel issues on the trip? I look forward to visiting with you when you return.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
404, my hunt with Peter is from Sept 19th to the 25th. I will spend 5 days before the hunt in Livingstone seeing the sights, rafting and tiger fishing. Save a 40 + inch buff for me. I also hope to take a puku, bushbuck, warthog and maybe a hyena if one is still available. PM me when you get back from your hunt and good luck.

Posts: 472 | Location: Bothell WA | Registered: 31 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Donato, Who arranged the Livingstone trip for you? We will leave Peters concession on 9/4/05 and fly from Mfuwe to Lusaka and try to connect to Livingstone. We were going to do the Island trip and a dinner cruise. We had not thought of tiger fishing. After Livingstone we return to Lusaka for the guns and then travel to Cape Town for three days of wine tours and sight seeing.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GL, We hunted Lunga in 2000. There are not alot of buffalo there. The plains game is good but never saw any sable or roan. We hunted for five days there before moving to Mulobesi where the sable and roan are very good and at least we saw some buffalo.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
GL, a second comment would be that if you are not hunting a specific type of plains game such as sable roan, lechwe, sititunga etc you should consider the valley as it the best for most game such as lion and buffalo.

One of Us
Picture of G L Krause
posted Hide Post
Gunny, too late to pick another area. We are going for Plain Game and yes, Buffalo is on our list, but we aren't hunting Sable or Roan. I have also been told that there aren't many Buff in the area, but they can be found with a little effort. All my references have told me though that, as far as the Plains Game goes, it's like Noah's Ark late in the season with all the animals congregating near the river. I'm crossing my fingers.

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do; nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy him, and him only, that kills bigger deer than I do." Izaak Walton (modified)