Find
Notify
Tools

KwaZuluNatal -- Any recent hunts?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Steven30127
posted
I'm leaving in 72 days, 11 hours, 14 minutes...for a PG hunt in KwaZuluNatal with Ally Robins. Nyala is obviously on the menu, and I've seen some good info on some really big specimens comming out of there in the last few weeks. Anyone hunt here recently? How are the conditons, and the quantity/quality of game? Thanks
Steven

Posts: 257 | Location: Aliso Viejo, California | Registered: 09 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
While you're there don't pass up the chance at a red duiker. I did and I kick myself in the tail every time I think about it.

Good luck on the upcoming hunt!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 404WJJeffery
posted Hide Post
Was there 10 days ago. Grass was still high- 4-5 feet, but a week or so of dry weather will knock it down.

Really beautiful area.

Went to the Isalwanda and Rorke's Drift battlefields...be sure to get a good guide, worth the trip.

BIG nyala there, and plenty of em. The zulus are very different from the other blacks I have met as in trackers and staff- prouder, not so friendly or committed, but I am sure your PH has some good guys.

Best of luck.

Posts: 1489 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I will be there in one week and a half. Looking forward to Africa again after 14 months.

One of Us
Picture of 9,3x74R
posted Hide Post
Steven30127, i wish you all the best..

It`s a year sinse i was there, but i will go there again soon...

I am sitting and enjoying my gin and tonic, looking at my nyala right now...

Have one for me down there (g&t), and take a better one than me (nyala)....

Give my regards to everyone ...

Rino

Posts: 249 | Location: Oevre Eiker, Norway / Winterton RSA | Registered: 07 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Uplandhunter
posted Hide Post
Hunted there two weeks ago. It was beautiful. I second the vote for a red duiker. I now regret passing one up. Saw a large quantity of game, and had a great time while we were hunting in that area.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair

http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 203 | Location: Northeast, Nebraska | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Greg R
posted Hide Post
I book for Ally and just hunted there a few weeks ago. My clients shot 3 nyala - one that was 28.5 and two over 29. Mine was 30 1/8". I also shot a red duiker - make sure you take one while you're there. Give my best to Ally and Elaine.

Greg Rodriguez
Global Adventure Outfitters, Inc.
www.GAOHunts.com
(281) 494-4151

Posts: 798 | Location: Sugar Land, TX 77478 | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote