New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poached giraffes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
We remember giraffes were a hot button. Leaving town and someone asked me about two giraffes a whole cow and her calf poached somewhere.

This has to be loud for dinner guest to ask me about it in Kentucky. I am sure it is a White sport hunters fault in America that a native African poached these two giraffes. Yes, that is an assumption.

Posts: 12013 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We saw a lot of poached animal carcasses in Kenya than anywhere else we have been to in Africa!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68644 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
The poaching happened in Kenya several weeks ago but the remaining carcasses were just found recently.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13391 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Wasn’t the outcry because a leucistic giraffe cow and her leucistic calf were poached and now only 1 ‘white’ giraffe remains?

Posts: 3898 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Imagine all the Hollyweird zombies crying their heads off if this was caused by a paying hunter!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68644 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If these giraffe were so revered by the animal rights folks, why didn't they pay to protect them? No one wants to pay for conservation but they all like to cry crocodile tears when an animal is poached or "murdered" by a hunter.

My only question is - I wonder if they tasted differently from regular giraffe?

The other, other, other, other, white meat.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
The fact so many people are losing their minds over white giraffes vs. reticulated just shows you that white privilege is real.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
Wasn’t the outcry because a leucistic giraffe cow and her leucistic calf were poached and now only 1 ‘white’ giraffe remains?

You are correct. I meant to type white. I typed whole apparently by mistake.

Posts: 12013 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saw something about this on facebook. Supposedly the two animals were poached in Kenya, but the facebook article led off with talking about trophy hunting. I thought about a reply or comment, but I'm not sure it's worth the trouble to try to correct a fool.
kh

Posts: 247 | Location: Round Rock, Texas | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kevin henderson:
Saw something about this on facebook. Supposedly the two animals were poached in Kenya, but the facebook article led off with talking about trophy hunting. I thought about a reply or comment, but I'm not sure it's worth the trouble to try to correct a fool.
kh

In those cases I usually just state that Kenya stopped hunting on May 10, 1977 and just let it hang in the air...